February 2011 Moms

Chubby feet... no shoes fit!!

Hi moms,

Anyone else running into the issue I have??

My baby is BIG (he's 31 weeks and weighs 25 lbs, yes, 25!!). He doesn't walk yet so he doesn't really need the shoes but I wanted him to look cuter yesterday with the shoes on but none of the ones I had fit him. His feet are too chubby and shoes would not go in all the way but get stuck by the plump area below the toes (not sure how it's called).

Any advice on what kind of shoes could work??

Thanks,

Felicia

Re: Chubby feet... no shoes fit!!

• Robeez might be a good option.

Rylan 1/27/2011, 2:42 pm, 5lbs 12oz, 18.5 inches long
     Ayla 10/02/2013, 10:14 am, 6lbs 14oz, 19.25 inches long
    Missed Miscarriage 6w3d 3/02/2010
    I'll hold you in my heart until I hold you in heaven

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• I would agree with pp.  Robeez work well on my chubby foot baby!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Someone on this board still refers to baby age in weeks? Two, save your money on shoes until LO can walk.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Robeez, or some of the cheaper knockoffs from Target or Babies R Us. Even if LOs aren't walking yet, those are good for keeping their feet warm in the winter.
    Formerly known as ms.mittens Jude 12/31/2008 Ezra 2/10/2011 Nora 7/23/2013 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagenbeseau:
    Someone on this board still refers to baby age in weeks? Two, save your money on shoes until LO can walk.

this

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My kid has pretty chubby feet. I get her wide width from Payless. I got a pair of sneakers for $13, size 3w. We take trips to the playground daily (and will most days when the temp is above freezing) where I walk with her - feet on the pavement - so shoes aren't a waste of money for us. I'd rather her not get foreign objects in her foot and I'd like to keep her feet warm.

I know Stride Rite makes shoes in extra wide sizes, but I think they are rather expensive.

• We had the same issue with my oldest DS. Robeez and any other regular baby shoes didn't even come close to going on his feet! We were able to get him in some 2x Stride Rites, but it was really the distance from over the arch area that was so thick for him. I worked for a Stride Rite Store in college, and to be honest, the first stages are great, but after that, they are just as good as a nicely made nike or other tennis shoe. We finally were able to put DS in some lace up Nikes which really fit him much better - no more pinching over the arch of his foot, and they were lace ups so they really helped hold his wide foot in place. Another option we found recently were the winter crocs - not the summer ones (those are still too narrow over the arch- but the winter ones that I found at Buy Buy Baby which are completely suede and look more like a merril shoe fit really well too. GL!!
  • I just went back and read the portion where you said he wasn't walking yet. Don't put him in shoes yet!! When I worked at that stride rite store we were advised to tell parents that the APA did not recommend shoes for children who were not yet walking. I know it's hard - esp. b/c it's so cold out, but just put some thick textured socks on him until he has started to walk. The shoes can cause your baby to have difficulty learning to properly balance his weight and binding his little feet in shoes can also affect the shape of his foot if he's not yet up and walking. My son's pediatrician echoed these same reasons when my mother insisted that DS have shoes before he was walking. If you do buy anything, make sure you can hold the shoe in your hand and bend it at least in half completely to ensure the bottom is not too hard (this is totally different from when we were kids and parents were told to put us in hard bottomed shoes)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"