Georgia Babies

Does anyone cook in December?

Just wondering..because I don't. The two years I was pregnant I didn't think a thing of it. When I worked full time, I justified it. Even now, I only feel mildly bad. Thank goodness for Publix rotissere chickens!
Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
DS-6
c/p- April 2016
missed m/c- 6w5d; discovered 8w2d- September 2016

Re: Does anyone cook in December?

• I do, but my meals lately are on the lazy end of the cooking spectrum.  I'm just too tired these days for much cooking.

Yesterday I made a double batch of meatballs just so I would have it easy tonight.  Meatball subs last night and pasta with meatballs today. Tomorrow...a crock pot creation.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Umm I pretty much gave up cooking entirely.  Got tired of our groceries going bad in the fridge so I decided to decrease our grocery budget to practically nothing and increase our eating out budget.  So far, it has helped our our finances.  It has NOT however, helped me lose the baby weight ... grrrrrrrr.

• Loading the player...
  • Julie..your lazy meals sound like my regular ones.

slw- I have so much regular weight I need to lose. It's frustrating to put it off another month, but whatever. I'm going with something I heard Bethanny Frankel..the Skinnygirl lady say: The holidays are for maintaining and coasting and any weight loss you need to do can be taken care of in the New Year ;)

Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016
    missed m/c- 6w5d; discovered 8w2d- September 2016

• i still do, but it is definitely less involved. lots of crock pot recipes and soups...
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I'm the opposite - I cook too much.  Something about the holidays coming up throws me into overdrive.

Now in January, we will probably all starve since all I'll want to do is take out ;)

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I do...but not quite as much (3-4 nights a week instead of 5-7)
    Grant Thomas 8.8.06 and Reid Alexander 8.11.08
  • imageyellowtulips80:

I do, but my meals lately are on the lazy end of the cooking spectrum.  I'm just too tired these days for much cooking.

Yesterday I made a double batch of meatballs just so I would have it easy tonight.  Meatball subs last night and pasta with meatballs today. Tomorrow...a crock pot creation.

This. I do cook but reluctantly, and when I do I make enough for two to three days. Last night it was spaghetti with meat sauce and a huge salad. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"