June 2011 Moms
Options

? for those who have charted (lip now)

I don't want to ask the TTC board because they can be really, really mean so I am hoping there are ladies here who have charted.

This is my first month charting.  I have a 34 day cycle.  Which means I should have Oed somewhere around day 18.  I am on day 25.  I have had EWCM for 12 days now.  I have used an OPK everyday at 3pm and everyday it is negative.  I have not had a temp spike, though my temp is all over the place.  MH and I think it's weird so he asked me to POAS, negative, which is what I expected since I had a normal period. 

Does this seem weird?  I have to O at some point, right?

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: ? for those who have charted (lip now)

• Options

That does seem odd.  You may have O'd and just missed your surge and that's why your OPK's came up negative.  Your surge can be as short as a few hours or as long as 36 hours.

Do you mind sharing your chart?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The ladies over there can be really nice also, and you should not be scared. That is where I started! On your topic, you could have missed it, you could have a longer cycle or you may not have ovulated. It is totally normal to have twenty normal periods and then have an odd one. It is not alwsys clockwork.  Keep temping, and if you have not started your period at the normal time then test again.  Now also, are you a mouth sleeper? That can affect you temp sometimes, that is why some woman choose to take there temp vaginally. Also, you are staying in bed and taking it immediately, right? I always took mine two hours before my wake up time, I set an alarm just for that. Sorry I did not do paragraphs my tablet hates the bump! I hope this helped!
    **February 20th, 2010 I Married My Best Friend and June 5th, 2011 My Soulmate Was Born** image Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I am BY NO MEANS an expert, though I charted for both boys.  I never ovulate mid-cycle.  Never (though I don't have normal cycles, either).  I would say (very amateur opinion) that you haven't O'd yet, either.  With temps all over the place, I'd guess that you're a late ovulater, or at least are this cycle.  Keep temping and hopefully you'll ovulate soon.

And you can have anovulatory cycles (I've had a ton of these), so I guess technically, no, you don't "have" to ovulate at some point.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

In the 11 months it took to conceive LO, my cycles were the same number of days only like 2 or 3 times.  So you might think you have a 34 day cycle, but it can be different every month. 

I was never good at catching my O w/OPK--I don't think I ever got a positive, even though I clearly O'd so that might not mean anything.  You might try testing morning and afternoon, that's what some women do.  I just gave them up and temped and followed CM b/c they stressed me out.

"They" always say it can take a year for your cycles to regulate after BC, and I would imagine it could take a similar amount of time for your body to recover from having a baby. 

I agree, if you link your chart we can help you more, but you probably haven't O'd yet.

• Options

It could be a combination of things. I charted when we were TTC. I would HAVE to temp at the same time every day or I would get temps all over the place too. If I was even 10 minutes off, my temps would be messed up. It could be that...

And, like pp said, you might be having an cycle where you don't ovulate.

When I charted, I just used temps and charted my cm. I found OPKs to be really confusing...

Your cycles might also still be a little off from having a baby.

• Options
    Also, you say that you have a 34 day cycle but that this is your month charting so how are you sure that your cycle is 34 days long.  You may not have ovulated yet, you may have missed it, or you may not ovulate this cycle.  Keep temping (at the same time every day) and see what happens with your temps. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageMrsPBNJ0220:
    The ladies over there can be really nice also, and you should not be scared. That is where I started! On your topic, you could have missed it, you could have a longer cycle or you may not have ovulated. It is totally normal to have twenty normal periods and then have an odd one. It is not alwsys clockwork.  Keep temping, and if you have not started your period at the normal time then test again.  Now also, are you a mouth sleeper? That can affect you temp sometimes, that is why some woman choose to take there temp vaginally. Also, you are staying in bed and taking it immediately, right? I always took mine two hours before my wake up time, I set an alarm just for that. Sorry I did not do paragraphs my tablet hates the bump! I hope this helped!

I am not a mouth sleeper.  I do temp everyday at the same time before I even get up to pee, which takes some effort on some days. 

How do I share just the chart?

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagepammeelala:

imageMrsPBNJ0220:

I am not a mouth sleeper.  I do temp everyday at the same time before I even get up to pee, which takes some effort on some days. 

How do I share just the chart?

Are you using Fertility Friend?  Just copy and paste the link.

• Options

imageNancy729:
    Also, you say that you have a 34 day cycle but that this is your month charting so how are you sure that your cycle is 34 days long.  You may not have ovulated yet, you may have missed it, or you may not ovulate this cycle.  Keep temping (at the same time every day) and see what happens with your temps. 

Please excuse my stupid question above - you know that your cycle is 34 days long because you get your period.  Sorry...long day! :)  

• Options

imageNancy729:

I have always tracked my period so that I don't lose track of where in my cycle I am and end up caught off guard while shopping or something.  This is the first month I have tracked my temp and CM

• Options

The link doesnt show your chart. There should be a sharing tab. Click on that and see if you can post that link.

Are you sure it was EWCM? 12 days seems like a long time to have that. I would usually only get that for like 2-3 days.

Lilypie - (eo79)
     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    when i was ttc with dd1, i had several anovulatory cycles about that long.  charting at least made me aware that i wasn't ovulating, which made me feel better about not being up the stick.  it's entirely possible that your body just isn't back in babymaking mode this soon after having a baby.
  • Options
    imageMagenta728:

The link doesnt show your chart. There should be a sharing tab. Click on that and see if you can post that link.

Are you sure it was EWCM? 12 days seems like a long time to have that. I would usually only get that for like 2-3 days.

That's my biggest point of confusion.  It's the thick, gooey, exactly as described on FF.  I've never had it for more than a couple days before

• Options
    I would say that you definitely have not O'd yet. Pregnancy really throws our hormones out of whack, so it doesn't surprise me that you're having what seems like a pretty wonky cycle. How many cycles have you had PP so far?
  • Options
    imagepammeelala:
    imageMagenta728:

That's my biggest point of confusion.  It's the thick, gooey, exactly as described on FF.  I've never had it for more than a couple days before

EWCM should actually be somewhat watery. If I remember right it starts off a little creamy and then gets more watery the closer you are to ovulating.

• Options
    imagePurdueMama14:
    imagepammeelala:
    imageMagenta728:

EWCM should actually be somewhat watery. If I remember right it starts off a little creamy and then gets more watery the closer you are to ovulating.

Can you stretch it between your fingers?  That's the key to EWCM.  From the looks of it, you haven't O'd.  I would def suggest testing 2x per day with cheap Amazon OPKs.  There was a month or two where I would get a negative in the afternoon, a positive the next morning, and another negative later that day.  So I would have missed my + if I'd only testing 1x per day.

• Options

I have had 4 cycles since PP bleeding stopped. 

I think starting next cycle I will do the 2 tests a day.  I ordered a bunch of the cheap ones from Amazon over the weekend and they got here today.  It just seems pointless to keep testing this month.

Thanks ladies!

• Options

ok sorry if I say things you already know (I don't want to sound like a "know-it'all lol) but when it comes to charting I'm a little obsessive lol I actually had to quit cause it was making me BSC while ttc.

those are some pretty erratic temps...but in a way that's a good thing because it will allow you to compare it from one cycle to the next.

I charted for quite a few years (to prevent conception--little did I know it was pointless due to my infertility Huh?) and it takes some getting used to.  Are you using a BBT thermometer?  they are more accurate.

Also, how are you checking your CM?  It's not always reliable just to go based on what you wipe...it's best if you can really reach up there and  grab it (you can also check your cervix position at the same time).  The "spin" is what is really important...it should stretch a couple centimeters between your fingers, be very slippery and watery looking.

Remember too that ovulation normally occurs 14-16 days BEFORE you expect your next period so with a 34 day cycle you can easily ovulate as late as CD20

if you don't already have it, I highly recommend you read Taking Charge of Your Fertility https://www.amazon.com/Taking-Charge-Your-Fertility-Anniversary/dp/0060881909/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1324353314&sr=8-1

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"