Pre-School and Daycare
Options

Leapfrog Leapster Explorer-wdyt & is this worth it?

Amazon has the pink one for $35 right now.  I was done xmas shopping for DD but tempted to get this or at least get it and wait to give to her for her 4th bday in August.  If your DC has this is this a great deal I shouldn't pass up?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Leapfrog Leapster Explorer-wdyt & is this worth it?

• Options
    We have a regular Leapster left over from when my stepdaughter was little and DD1 loves it.  We had about 3 games with it and DD is getting 3 more for Christmas.  I was also tempted to get the Explorer on Amazon but I think we are going to be leaning towards a Leappad for her birthday in May so I'm not going to get the Explorer too.  As far as having a handheld game to keep you LO happy in the car/shopping cart, etc, it's great.  Keep in mind though that new games for it are $20+ (unless you go Ebay).  I'm not sure how much comes on the Explorer but I know our regular Leapster has a few previews of games, a game where you can do stuff to coloring pages and a Frogger type game, not really enough to hold her attention for very long. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
                             Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    My kids rarely use theirs but if you are getting one get the regular one and not the Explorer, the only benefit to the Explorer is that you can use the games with the Leap Pad but if you wanted that I would not buy a Leapster, and they light up better but it is not worth the extra money and I do not think the games are as educational.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We have the Leapster Explorer for our son - he got it at his 3rd birthday in June and he LOVES it.  We will get him the LeapPad in a year or two probably, but for now the Leapster Explorer is awesome.  He's learning a ton from the games he has - Mr Pencil Saves Doodleburg and the Toy Story game.  He is getting the Cars game for Christmas.  He is learning to trace letters and match phonetically as well as recognizing the order of the alphabet which he would recite, but wouldn't always realize which letter was which. 

I think it's a great toy and so very glad we got it for him.  I don't like the camera attachment but maybe because it doesn't go on or off easy - you have to use a screwdriver I think and I would rather something that pops on or off via usb or something similar.  But that's my only complaint.  I would absolutely get it for $35.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"