TTC After a Loss 6 Months+

Cycle 18 (HSG mentioned)

Today is CD1, boo!!!  I am about to call to schedule my HSG.  I would like to hear about your HSG, tell me everything, the good and the bad.  During my appointment on Monday the nurse thought it looked like my left tube is blocked (for more info on that shiz, check my blog), so if you had a blocked tube did it hurt more??  AND what do they do for a blocked tube?  I'm really nervous about this next step, although I know it is needed.  Another bumpie let me know I should take some ibuprofen before hand (I think she said 800 mg), any other tips like that would be much appreciated!!!!  (They also have me taking an antibiotic before hand)  On the plus side I will not have to deal with AF on Christmas!!!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
??? TTCAL Buddies w/ BabyTrippin & CashewsMommy ???
1st BFP = m/c 4.21.08 @ 7W5D (and divorce)
TTC #1 since 6.10
SA #1=Agglutination SA #2= Everything perfect
HSG= All clear & perfect
Currently learning to live Child Free
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
?My NTNP Chart! ?My Blog!?Follow Me on Pinterest
CLICK to give care & food to animals in need -
?Big Girls have babies too!?
??Success/pregnant after everything welcome - FHs need not apply??

Re: Cycle 18 (HSG mentioned)

•     I figured I'd catch up with you here since you posted about your HSG! My first HSG was quite painful. However in hindsight, I think it may have been for a couple, isolated reasons. #1 My OBGYN did it. She's great and qualified, but she doesn't do them every day, therefore may not quite have the finess required for this procedure. #2, When my doctor came in the x-ray room, the tech told her they didn't have any of my doctor's catheters left and she would have to use theirs (I now wonder if theirs cause more discomfort)? #3, I did have a partially blocked tube. I did take 800mg of ibuprofen (but only 30 minutes before rather than the 60 minutes which is recommended). I was bloated, bleeding and cramping for about 48 hours. The pain was tolerable but it was uncomfortable.

My second HSG (just this Monday) was not nearly as painful, at all! My RE did this one and while it was uncomfortable, the worst part was definitely the anticipation. I remembered my ibuprofen an hour before this time and it made a difference! Preliminary results from my RE, no blockages (get the full report on 12/29)

The blocked tube situation is debatable. Part of the reason I chose a lap and D&C to remove my ectopic pregnancy was to also clear the partial blockage in my right tube (which was also where my pregnancy was stuck.) My RE (who did my surgery) said that it looked like my tube was actually never blocked to begin with or if it had been, the HSG must have cleared my blockage. I did ask about potential surgery to clear out my tube (back after my first HSG) and my OBGYN said at that time that it could cause more damage than it would help. My RE doesn't seem concerned about it (but I f/u 12/29).

Yea for not dealing with AF on Christmas and getting the ball rolling with your HSG! I hope it goes well for you Smile

P.S. Here's a link to my blog entry about my most recent HSG experience.

HSG #2 blog entry

image image imageimageimage  

CFNBC after 8 losses and IF || History || My Angel Babies

• I have no advice, but want to wish you the best of luck!
    3 ectopic pregnancies (EDD's 1/30/12-tube removed, 6/2/12-methotrexate and 10/2/12-methotrexate)
    IVF and Natural FET resulted in BFN's and a hole in our wallets
    Natural BFP #4 on 9/7/12 gave us our miracle on 5/18/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Boo on AF!  At least she won't be here for Christmas.  I haven't had an HSG yet, so I'm no help there.
    Mama to 5 angel babies, 1 rainbow baby, and 2 more angel babies. 
    My beautiful Ella/ToT arrived 10/10/12. 
  • Definitely take advil about an hour before. The HSG really depends on who is doing the procedure. My dr sends you to an outside lab to do the procedure and I've had it done a few times. It's ranged from really painful once to not hurting at all the other times. I haven't had blocked tubes, but I know it can be a little more painful if you do, sometimes the die can push through a blocked tube and open it. I'm planning on going in for another HSG the beginning of next year because I haven't had one since my ectopic and I've been having pain on and off on the side they removed the tube and I want to make sure my remaining tube is clear.

Eta: sorry to hear about cd 1, but glad af will be gone for Christmas. I think af will show for me on Christmas.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

• My HSG was pretty easy, but I didn't have blocked tubes--I have heard that it can hurt if you do (cramping) but that a lot of times the HSG will clear that blocked tube for you.

The worst part was them getting the speculum in and to stay in long enough to get the catheter in.  My cervix is at a weird angle, so I always have a fun time with the speculum.  

Def take the 800mg Advil right before your appt (I took it in my car before going inside and had about a 15 min wait and had no pain at all).  Also, bring your favorite type of pad if you don't want to use the yucky bulky ones they have.  What goes up must come down!  GL! 

ETA:  And boo for AF!  I'm sorry hon :( 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• I have a left tube thats blocked and when they injected the dye during my HSG it was not comfortable at all on the side that was blocked.  It felt like some of the worst AF cramps I've ever had.  Definitely take the Ibuprofen before you go.  I didn't and looking back I definitely wish I had.  Other than that the whole thing is more uncomfortable and awkward than anything.  I would compare it to getting a Pap.

"Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart"

Our TTC Journey

BabyFetus Ticker

I'm a mom to my 4 angel babies who were taken from us much to soon!
    BFP#1 on 09/29/09 and EP discovered/Left Tube lost on 10/19/09 EDD 06/12/10
    BFP# 2 on 03/21/2010 EDD 11/30/10 Natural M/C on 3/27/10
    BFP# 3 on 02/14/2011 EDD 10/28/11 Missed M/C discovered 4/19/11 and D&C 4/21/11 On 5/6/11 we found out our Oct Angel was a beautiful little girl <3
    IVF#1=BFP#4 on 8/31/11 EDD 5/12/12 EP discovered and MTX shot given 9/14/ & 9/21 M/C on 10/9/11
    IVF#2 and Stims started 12/2 ER 12/16 ET 12/21 transferred two beautiful blastocysts. Please stick LO's! BFP 12/26
    Benjamin Matthew Our Little Miracle Born 9/5/2012!
    BFP 1/2/14 EDD 9/11/14

• I didn't have a great experience with my HSG. It didn't last long (about 10 minutes), but I almost passed out from the pain. I did take the ibuprofen before, but he had me moving around to get the best images, and it really hurt.

I had some mild cramping and spotting after, so bring a pad if you don't want to use the ones the hospital gives. 

I don't think most women have the experience I have, and I hope yours goes smoothly. My tubes were not blocked so I can't help you there - sorry.

Good luck and (HUGS).

* PG #1 2/26/09: mm/c 4/14/09 at 10w4d | PG #2 8/5/09: mm/c 9/29/09 at 11w3d (boy) * 
    * CP's 4/14/10, 9/1/10, 4/19/11, 5/24/11, 10/14/13, 11/16/13 *
    * Ectopic 1/17/14 - nothing on u/s at 6w4d * 
    * PG #7 BFP 12/21/11 - DD born 8/31/12 * 
    * DH Dx'd with balanced translocation in 2011 *

• Boo for AF.  Sad  Sorry she showed. 

My HSG experience wasn't bad at all.  I went in on CD 10 (the last possible day they'd let me do it) b/c I tend to spot at the end of AF and never know how long it will linger.  They told me no sex from CD1 to CD10...this was to ensure there was absolutely no way I could possibly pregnant.

Anyway, I got there and the nurse was incredibly nice and helpful.  She fully explained the procedure to me and what I could I expect to feel.  A PA performed the procedure and before doing so, she explained the entire procedure again to me.  I really liked that they were so careful to make sure I knew exactly what they were going to be doing and looking for as well as what I could expect to feel.

The procedure itself only took about 5-7 min (tops).  I felt no pain until the dye was injected.  At that point, I started feeling some pretty intense cramps.  The nurse was standing right by my side telling me to take slow, deep breaths to work through the cramps and that really helped.  My left tube was slower to fill, so she thinks I may have had some slight blockage.  She pushed the dye in with a little more force (which is when I really had some bad cramping) and eventually the tube filled.

After everything was done, she explained to me everything and what she found (which was that everything looked good and there may have been a possible blockage).  And that was it.  I had a little bleeding afterwards, but it mostly just the dye coming back out.

GL and let us know how it goes!  I'll be thinking of you!

ETA: I did not take any type of pain medication prior to the procedure.  And luckily, I didn't really need them.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Sorry about AF!  I didn't have an hsg, but had a saline sono which is kind of similar except a little less painful.  They recommended I take advil an hour or two before my appt, and then again 30min before (I forget the exact times) to help with the cramping.   Good luck!

PGAL/PAL welcome

Trying to start our family since 2010
    BFP #1 11.4.10, EDD 7.12.11, HB 12/9/10, MMC 12/27/10; 11w6d
    BFP #2 9.12.12, EDD 5.24.13, Baby Boy Born 5.15.13!!
    My Ovulation Chart
    3 Clomid (100mg) cycles + TI + Trigger = BFN's, Femara + Trigger + IUI#1 = BFN
    Femara + Trigger + IUI#2 = BFP!
    "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." ~Gandhi
  • (((HUGS))) I'm sorry about CD 1.  I've never had an HSG, so I can't offer any advice, but I hope it goes well and it's not too bad.
    Mom to Eliott Alexander, born sleeping at 37 weeks on 8/13/10. Most of us only dream of angels - I held one in my arms.
    BFP #2 - EDD 2/26/12 M/C 6/28/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #3 - EDD 4/7/12 M/C 8/2/11 @ 4w2d
    Too beautiful for this earth
    BFP #4 - EDD 12/09/12, Lucille arrived 11/26/12
  • As you can see from everyone's post some people just have a bit of discomfort, while for others it is pretty painful.  Mine was fairly painful, but it was very quickly, and the cramping went away almost immediately.  Be sure to take ibprofen, and stay as relaxed as possible.  Good luck!

TTC since 5/2010
    DX with Diminished Ovarian Reserve - AMH of 1.1 - 7/2011; AMH of .42 8/2012
    BFP 9/1/10-M/C confirmed 9/8/10-Methotrexate 10/6/10
    IUI #1 (w/clomid)-9/5/11-BFN ; IUI #2 (w/clomid)-10/5/11 - BFP - 11/1/12-No sac seen; 11/2/11 and 11/9/11-Methotrexate 
    IVF #1- ER 2/2; ET 2/5;-Two 8 cell embryos transfered = BFFN
    Surprise BFP - 5/7/12
    U/S on 6/8/12 - H/B at 128 BPM; U/S on 6/14/12 @ 9wks-No H/B-D&C on 6/17/12
    IVF 2.0- ER 10/17; ET 10/20-One 12 cell, one 10 cell and one 8 cell embryo transfered
    BFP!   11/16/12 U/S- Two nuggets with perfect heartbeats! EDD 7/10/13

5/31/2013- My miracles arrived at 34w2d!  Welcome to the world Harper and Nolan!Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Blog- http://waitingonaangel.wordpress.com/

• As you can see from everyone's post some people just have a bit of discomfort, while for others it is pretty painful.  Mine was fairly painful, but it was very quick, and the cramping went away almost immediately.  Be sure to take ibprofen, and stay as relaxed as possible.  Good luck!

TTC since 5/2010
    DX with Diminished Ovarian Reserve - AMH of 1.1 - 7/2011; AMH of .42 8/2012
    BFP 9/1/10-M/C confirmed 9/8/10-Methotrexate 10/6/10
    IUI #1 (w/clomid)-9/5/11-BFN ; IUI #2 (w/clomid)-10/5/11 - BFP - 11/1/12-No sac seen; 11/2/11 and 11/9/11-Methotrexate 
    IVF #1- ER 2/2; ET 2/5;-Two 8 cell embryos transfered = BFFN
    Surprise BFP - 5/7/12
    U/S on 6/8/12 - H/B at 128 BPM; U/S on 6/14/12 @ 9wks-No H/B-D&C on 6/17/12
    IVF 2.0- ER 10/17; ET 10/20-One 12 cell, one 10 cell and one 8 cell embryo transfered
    BFP!   11/16/12 U/S- Two nuggets with perfect heartbeats! EDD 7/10/13

5/31/2013- My miracles arrived at 34w2d!  Welcome to the world Harper and Nolan!Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Blog- http://waitingonaangel.wordpress.com/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"