Preemies

Sick baby :(

Of course just when I thought we were out of the woods and DD had somehow managed not to get my cold she woke up last night completely congested and unable to breathe from her nose, she had a fever and was miserable. We spent the night sucking boogers, rubbing her with vics and rocking by the humidifier. She would feel better, go back to sleep for a while and wake up again when she got stuffed up. At first I was so scared and almost took her to the ER because she was having some trouble realizing that she could breathe through her mouth. today I HAD to leave her and go to work. I cried and I feel like an awful mom. I'm having some issues at work because of all the time I take off for her appointments and so on and I really need to be here today. DH is staying with her for a while this morning, the nanny (who is also sick) is with her while DH goes to his office for a few hours and then hes coming home to take her to the Pedi. I cant concentrate because I feel like I should be with my baby. She was so scared and sick - I know she will be fine and its just a cold but maybe its a preemie thing - I'm super scared. Shes not coughing or anything just majorly congested. Sorry that I'm venting but I hate my job right now and wish I was home to comfort her.
image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Sick baby :(

• I understand where your coming from.  I hate leaving Grayson at the daycare when I know he's got a small cough or cold.  I dont have anyone else to take him so unless he's running a fever I either have to take off work or send him to daycare...

T&P for your daughter to feel better soon!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • aww I'm sorry she got sick! We dealt with that a couple weeks ago in our house too. Both DH and I were sick and we thought Reagan would be fine...then a couple days later she was sick too. She had bronchitis and an ear infection. :( I completely understand you not wanting to leave her/ hating your job because you had to. I had to deal with that too. I've missed a lot of work because of various reasons due to Reagan and they don't always understand. It's tough. Being a parent is tough anyway, muchless a preemie parent.

I hope she feels better really soon!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • This makes me sad :(

I hope DD feels better soon.  And I hope momma feels better too.  You are a great mom and you can't be by your baby's side 24/7.  Working so you can provide for her is important too.  Hugs.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am so sorry to hear this...I am dreading the day Landon gets sick. You are an AMAZING mommy with so much to offer your beautiful little girl and all of us moms (I see you posting everywhere and you always have such helpful things to share). I hope she gets well soon! Try not to beat yourself up....you are doing EVERYTHING you can!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am the same way.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"