May 2011 Moms

Non-Clicky Poll: Is your LO showing signs of being a "righty" or a "lefty"?

DS always grabs food with his left hand first. He may use his right hand to help out, but the main one is the left.

With toys, it depends on which hand is closer.

Moms of older kids: Did your LOs tend to use one hand and then ever switch to the other? Or did they stick with the original hand?

I don't care which hand DS prefers to use, I was just wondering. :) 

Re: Non-Clicky Poll: Is your LO showing signs of being a "righty" or a "lefty"?

• Early on when DS first started to grab it used to be with the left first, and since my MIL and SIL are lefties I thought he might be as well, but now that he's gotten good at it and passing an object from one hand to the other or reaching for something near him I noticed it's both equally so I'm wondering too!

ETA: Your siggy pic is adorable!!!

• imageSteph&Harry08:

Early on when DS first started to grab it used to be with the left first, and since my MIL and SIL are lefties I thought he might be as well, but now that he's gotten good at it and passing an object from one hand to the other or reaching for something near him I noticed it's both equally so I'm wondering too!

ETA: Your siggy pic is adorable!!!

Thanks! 

• Loading the player...
  • I think Eliza is going to be a righty. I've been paying attention and she tends to use her right hand more. We'll see I guess.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • LO is showing a preference for using her left hand with grabbing the spoon and eating. Her dad is a lefty too. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DS is favoring his right hand more
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm a lefty and DH is a righty. DD seems to use both hands equally well so far.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Jim seems to use both hands equally right now.  I don't think there are any lefties in either of our families, though, so he'll probably end up right-handed like the rest of us.
  • She favors her left hand but I read it's not really set in stone until age two.
  • My MIL swore she was favoring her left hand (but MIL is a lefty and she hasn't beena round I a lot since the summer) but honestly it seems pretty equal to me.  My mom and MIL are left-handed. 

At the preschool level, I still have kids using both hands.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"