Houston Babies

Need Book recommendations for Kindergarten aged Boy

Santa wants to bring a few new books for my almost 5 year old.  I know there are a few moms on here of boys his age and a little older and was hoping for some new ideas for picture books and early readers.

Re: Need Book recommendations for Kindergarten aged Boy

• He likes the early reading series that features Spider Man, Batman, and Superman. It seems cliche to me, but something about super heroes speaks to him. They are from the Step into Reading series.

I like to read those books first (try Fundamentally Toys). Some of the titles have themes that are a little disconcerting to me. Like one (not super heroes) has the kid talking to strangers - it was written with innocent intent, but just ran counter to our own teachings. So it is important to check, imo. I think it is a writing mill that produces the titles, so you don't necessarily have the best editorial staff.

Books we all love (WH, me, 5-year-old, 2-year-old):

Most things by Mo Willems (Edwina: The Dinosaur That Didn't Know She Was Extinct is a good underplayed title.)

Ospert the Penguin

No, David

Spoon by Amy Krouse Rosenthal (Little Pea, too, but Spoon is endearing)

Gruffalo 

That's just a few. 

• Skippyjon Jones (there are several)

Big Plans

No, David like the pp mentioned. 

Rick and Rocky

That's all I can think of, Dh does most of the bedtime reading these days...lol. 

image Oh Joy to the World!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I know I'm a couple of days late on this, but my mom is a childrens librarian, and she recommended this book for my BFF's son who just turned 5.

E-mergency! by Tom Lichtenheld

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you all!  Heading to Amazon to check some out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"