Military Families
Options

Anyone in 29 Palms?

We are PCSing to 29 Palms the beginning of Feb. I was wondering if anyone was already out there and could give me a little advice on housing. The wait list for base is 6-9 months right now (awesome). So we are going to have to stay out in town at least for a little while. Are there any neighborhoods that you would reccomend or avoid? I am going to wait until we get out there to make any decisions, just wanted a little advice about where to start if anyone knew! Thanks in advance!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
TTC Since Summer 2011
BFP #1 11/5/11 EDD 7/22/12 MC 11/14/11
PGAL/PAL Always Welcome

Re: Anyone in 29 Palms?

• Options

H and I were there for H's first enlistment. 

We were told the same thing about the housing list and had a house in one month. Your wait will probably be even shorter if you're okay with living in off-base housing (it's nicknamed 801). It's older, but hey, it's housing. 

The town is too small to really have any neighborhoods to avoid. They're all equal really. Start with AHRNS to look for houses.  

5/100
    "So if you decide to date the guy from Applebees instead will your new SN be "mypearlshisapron?" Your new sig can be "putting the ho in nachos.""- DNBeach12
    PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    Thank you!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC Since Summer 2011
    BFP #1 11/5/11 EDD 7/22/12 MC 11/14/11
    PGAL/PAL Always Welcome
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"