Maine Babies
Options

What birth control are you on?

I had my 6 week pp appt with my doc today.  Everything is looking good :)

We were talking birth control.  DH and I have had sex twice already, just using the "pull out" method.  As far as going forward, I told my doc I didn't want to get on anything hormonal.  I asked about an IUD, but he said it would just be expensive and since we want to work on our 2nd next year, it wouldn't make sense to go for an IUD (they work for 5-10 years). 

He said I should use the sponge.  That sounds so archaic to me.  Has anyone used or is anyone using the sponge?  How is it?

Re: What birth control are you on?

• Options

I have never used the sponge.  I was on BC pills until 2005 (when my naturopath suggested they were to blame for my migraines), then we tried a diaphragm but DH hated it b/c he said he could feel it -eew!  We used condoms until we started TTC in the spring of 2006.  Now that you know my entire bc history....I am having an IUD put in on Dec. 10th since we are pretty sure DD is our one and only.  Even if we decide to have another we are looking at least 2 years out so I felt it was our best option!

In other news.....you had sex b/f your 6 week appointment?  Did the doctor okay that or did you go all maverick sex goddess on us?  I still have freaking stitches so I think it is out for us although I have had some crazy sex dreams!

• Options

Haha, we went for it a few days before 6 weeks, so technically we waited practically the whole time.  Doctor didn't OK it, but then again, I didn't ask!  At my 2 week pp appt he didn't sound all hardcore about it so I assumed we'd be OK.

You are lucky you have had sex dreams!  To be honest, I'm really not that into sex right now, and I did it more for DH... though to be honest, once we got going it was really nice and I really appreciated some alone, intimate time with him!  These days, it's a rarity :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We haven't had actual sex since I was a couple months pregnant so we are talking months here!  We did a lot of other stuff but DH commented on it last week.  I am a little nervous that it isn't going to feel right.  My stepmother offered to babysit for a weekend so DH and I could go away before he has surgery and I know what is on DHs mind! 
  • Options
    We're using prayer. I've used the ring before and if I had to pick one, i'd go back to that.?
  • Options

I was on the ring before.  As far as hormonal bc, it was great.  I'm a total fan. 

I'm just trying to stay off the hormones is all.

• Options

condoms or pull & pray method.

;)

the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

We are using condoms since we too are hoping to start TTC #2 this summer. I wanted to avoid hormonal bc also and finally just went for the condoms. Although we've had to use the prayer method already since we went a little crazy one night;)

• Options
    We are using condoms because we are hoping to start TTC around September of next year and I don't want to go on anything hormonal either.  Although, we used the pull out method twice already. We should probably start using the condoms...
  • Options
    We're using condoms/NFP.  We're planning on TTC #3 in late summer next year so we didn't want anything too long term.  We'd also be okay if we had an "oops" pregnancy before then though.
    DD1 - 12.25.05
    (m/c 1.17.07, m/c 5.15.07)
    DS - 03.15.08
    DD2 - 12.03.09
    DD3 - 3.28.11
  • Options
    I started on BCP after my 6 week pp, but quit after 1 month because I decided I didn't want anything in my body that was more hormones! We haven't had pp sex yet, but we will just be avoiding and pulling out since we'll TTC for #2 when Aidan is 1.
    Aidan Jake 7/25/08 Cooper Cole 7/27/10 Tessa Morgan 8/9/12
  • Options
    I am considering the IUD since we dont plan to TTC #2 for about 3 years.
  • Options
    We're hoping to try for #2 next year as well - so it is condoms all the way for us.  Everything else seemed either too complicated, or used hormones which I want to avoid.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    sadly....no bc here....because we haven't had sex yet. UGH!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"