Texas Babies
Options

suggestions for the best stretch mark cream

This is my first pregnancy and i'm pretty freaked out about getting stretch marks. My poor mom got alot of stretch marks when she was pregnant with me and through the years I am slowly realizing how much I am like my mom. So I am trying to be as proactive as I can in preventing stretch marks.

Do any of you experianced Mom's have any suggestion on what cream to use and where I can get it?

Pregnancy Ticker image image

Re: suggestions for the best stretch mark cream

• Options
    You should be proactive and rub cream on your belly and sides now, so that later they aren't so bad. This is what my mom told me to doand I don't have many. But also I read that it's not the lotion that gets rid of the stretch marks, it's the act of massaging the skin, it makes the blood flow which gets rid of stretch marks. 
    oa1
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

? Voted Cool Cat ~ 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards ?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

Stretch marks are hereditary. Most likely you will get them. No lotion will help its a myth. The lotion doesn't get anywhere nearly deep enough to penetrate the cells that cause stretch marks. If you are thin you are more likely to get them as your skin stretches to accomodate your baby. I was 90lbs when I got pregnant with my first and he marked me all up. For my second I weighed 100lbs and he also stretched me again. Now I am pregnant with my third. Cream can be used to help with hydrating to help prevent dryness and itching skin but nothing can prevent stretch marks...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was 92lbs and a size 00 when I got pregnant. Everyone in my family got stretch marks so I was convinced that I was going to get them too. Well, I swear by Mama Mio  "tummy rub stretch mark butter". Its pricey (about $37 at destination maternity) but it really works. I don't have a single stretch mark and I'm 38 weeks and 119lbs now. You have to actually take your time and gently rub it in to really soften the skin. Also, keep an eye on your weight gain because excess weight will  only mean you have to stretch more that needed. Genetics play the biggest role but you can prevent a stretch mark disaster if you take care of yourself.
  • Options

I didn?t have stretch marks until after I delivered.

I ate healthy and didn't gain too much extra weight. My mother didn't get stretch marks from having three babies, so I didn't think I would get them, but I did.

oa1
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

? Voted Cool Cat ~ 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards ?

Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"