Pre-School and Daycare
Options

My DS doesn't want to go to school

Up until about a month ago, my DS didn't give us any trouble about going to school.  At the end of November, he had pneumonia for about 2 weeks, then his best friend of 3 years (school friend) moved far away and then he was moved up to the Pre-K room.  Therefore, there was a lot of transition for him in short amount of time.  However, he has been been to school now for three full weeks and every morning he cries.  Today, he was sobbing.  I thought initially it was because his best friend wasn't at school, but now I think he may not want to be leaving me.  I don't know what to do, I'm at my witts end.  I hate seeing him so unhappy.  The teachers are telling me that he does well during the day.  A few days he was a little sad, but for the most part snapped out of it.  Please advise. 

Re: My DS doesn't want to go to school

• Options

Ds had a rough transition with the last room move. It took a little over a month before he felt connected to the teachers and new students and part of the routine. At that point, he stopped saying he didn't want to go. After about 3 months, he started talking about how he was sad school was closed on the weekends and he couldn't go :)

Just hang in there.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"