June 2011 Moms
Options

Job/SAHM Poll

Now that we are all several months/a half year in - let's reflect on our employment status:

[Poll]

Re: Job/SAHM Poll

• Options
    I work 25-30 hours a week, flexible schedule and I love it. I get to be the one to drop my toddlers off at preschool, have Fridays off, am home late afternoon to hang out and start dinner, and really enjoy getting out of the house and being with adults.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    ss:  still off of work.  I will return to work PT, 2 days a week, the 2nd week of january.  I used to work approx 50 hrs each week. Now I will work 2 10 hr shifts.  I really need to work to keep my licence current as a nurse practitioner, so, i hope i can do it since I am really enjoying my time off with my boy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

SS: WAHM with no child care. it's challenging and stressful but I wouldn't have it any other way. 

• Options
    imageLexGator:

SS: WAHM with no child care. it's challenging and stressful but I wouldn't have it any other way. 

This exactly! 

• Options
    ss: I mostly SAH, but since I work for MH, I take Jackson into work with me.  My office looks like a daycare because I have more baby supplies than office supplies in there.  I usually only go into work 2 times a week, and the rest of the time I do my paperwork from home
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    SS - I work full time, but telecommute from home one day a week.  I'd love to do it 2 days a week, but not an option right now.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I work part time (3 days a week) and I really can't complain. My MIL watches DS on the days that I work and she LOVES it and is so so good with him, but there are times that I wish I was a full-time SAHM.

• Options

I'm so indecisive. I always liked working, and liked having my own income. I'm really not sure what fits anymore. I have a DH that isn't helpful anymore (he was great for a while), and says that if I'm a SAHM that means I do everything (baby related), so no hour or two a day to do something non-mommy. It sucks b/c when I was working I came home, and the only time I needed was to wash my hands, then take my LO. DH comes home, eats, watches TV or plays games, showers, naps...

If I could choose, I would want to be a SAHM with an understanding, helpful DH.

• Options
    I voted SS. My husband is trying to get his business going and I wish that it was going enough that I could stay home and do work for his business.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Not sure if the amt I work even qualifies as part-time.  I work per-diem, and usually that ends up being like 3-4 days/month. Sometimes I wish it were more, sometimes less.  Overall, it's good!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I chose SS, I am still on Mat Leave and will be going back full-time in Jan Crying

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    SS, I'm in school full time, and then I'll work full time once I graduate and pass the bar and find a job. I really wish I could be a SAHM, but with over $100k in student loans about to go into repayment when I graduate, it's just not an option. :(
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I voted FT but wish I could be PT, however, I'm sort of a SS because I'm REALLY really REALLY starting to increase my PT job search so that I can be PT.  Not going well though, unless I'd want to work somewhere not using my degree at all.  Not that I care that I'm in my exact field (Marketing), but I do want to do something challenging to justify the change.
  • Options
    I'm an ss, I sah, but trying to start my own business.

DD1 | Jan 2009
    DD2 | June 2011
    DS1 | Oct 2013
       ADD3 | Oct 2014 (April 2001)
    DS2 | June 2016
    DS3 | Dec 2018

Due with baby blob August 2021

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    While I love working only one day during the week and Saturdays for the balance sometimes lately I do start to wish I sah Full time. I think I do need the balance though because I don't really have "Just because" sitters and am guilty of not really wanting to leave her . Work causes me to have to and I think its good for me and for H To get his alone time with her too.
  • Options
    I work full time but I'm also home full time with Nikolai.  It is a LOT of work and makes for a ridiculously long day.  I love being with him but honestly, sometimes I could use a break to get some solid work done.  My ideal will be when I can find someone to come into the home 3 or so days a week for 3-4 hours.  I will be able to get solid work done and yet still be with my boy.
  • Options
    imageLexGator:

This was me but I couldnt handle it. I felt like I was doing a crappy job with J and at work. I now only work 3 days a week in the office and stay at home the other 2. So much better for me!

• Options
    SS- my school district offers a year long mat leave. I'm going back full time in August.
  • Options

I chose special snowflake. I currently work full-time, but my last day of work is on Friday and I'll then be a SAHM. I wanted to work part-time or job-share at my current work place but I couldn't get approval for the reduction in hours from the director, so DH and I decided that I would put in my resignation.

I'm planning to be a SAHM until I find a more family friendly place of employment that will allow me to work part-time (would like 2 days a week) or per diem.

BabyFruit Ticker

DH: 34/Me: 35
    Married: Feb 2008
    DD: June 2011
    TTC# 2: April 2014
    BFP!! 8/29/16 --> EDD: 5/11/17....it's a GIRL!!! :)
  • Options
    I'm a SS...I'm still on maternity leave.  I'm supposed to go back to work 4 days a week in April but DH and I are looking at the possibility of me staying off for the rest of the school year (I don't get paid but I also don't lose any seniority).  I'd have no income for about 4 months and then go back at the start of the 2012 school year.  Abbey would be 15 months which I think is great to start DC and for me to go back to work.
  • Options
    I also chose SS.  Technically I am a full time nanny.  However, I can take my DD to work with me.  Plus, the little boy I nanny for goes to school for 6 hours during the day, so during that time I get to go home.  I am paid a salary that didn't change when he started Kindergarten, so I get paid to stay at home.  It sounds like the perfect gig, but most days I wish I could be a full time SAHM.  That has always been my desire.  This is as close as I can get though.  I just feel bad that my DD has to get in and out of the car so many times in a day and sit at the little guys Tae Kwon Do and gymnastic classes.  It also makes for a long day.  If I don't have one I have the other and sometimes I have them both.  One would think that's just like having 2 kids, but I have to play by someone else's rules for one of those kids so it's not as peachy as it sounds.  I'm grateful to have a job though!  (Oh, and I use to be a teacher.  The nanny job is WAY easier!) :)
  • Options

imagebarefoot barista:
    SS- my school district offers a year long mat leave. I'm going back full time in August.

This is me too, although I haven't decided in what capacity I'm going back (if at all). 

My food & craft blog: Fraises et Tartines

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #2: 9/29/12; EDD 6/8/2013; m/c 10/5/2012

BFP#3: 1/29/13; EDD 10/5/2013 - Baby Claire arrived 10/6/2013
  • Options
    imageaanchor:

I chose SS, I am still on Mat Leave and will be going back full-time in Jan Crying

This. Still on mat leave but I go back in May.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    imageMrsAllison33:
    imageaanchor:

This. Still on mat leave but I go back in May.

June 9 for me. Although, I'm pretty sure I'm going to give my notice to my current employer, and get a part time job. I can't go back to working a call center full time, but I can't afford to be a SAHM without at least a little income.

And Then There Were Three...
    Married: 08/14/10
    Baby #1 Born: 06/18/11
    June Moms Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"