New York Babies

Those who don't own a car-which car seat do you have?

I live on the Upper East Side and don't own a car.I feel like we shouldn't spend too much on a car seat that we'll hardly use (I'm a FTM so I assume we won't use it much)

I have the Uppababy stroller that comes with a bassinet, so I'm planning to use it for the first few months.

Which car seat those of you without a car get?

Thanks! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Those who don't own a car-which car seat do you have?

• Are you going to get the snap n go? My friend has the uppababy with bassinet and ended up just using the snap n go for the first few months bc it was so much lighter. You can get one that snaps in there, nothing too fancy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagePeanutButterGirl:
    Are you going to get the snap n go? My friend has the uppababy with bassinet and ended up just using the snap n go for the first few months bc it was so much lighter. You can get one that snaps in there, nothing too fancy.

If you aren't using a car, there is absolutely no reason to get a Snap N Go. That would mean you'd be using the car seat as seating and that is definitely not what it is intended for. A car seat is truly too warm, and on a 45 degree angle which does not allow enough air flow to the brain for a child. It should really only be used in the car and if you're running in places here and there. It's not intended as another form of seating for a child. The bassinet is the best possible thing for any newborn. With that said, you should probably just go with a Graco SnugRide. They're good car seats and not too expensive. My only concern for you is the installation of it when you're using it. You should have it installed by a pro, but that's just not reasonable if you'll be using it in cabs, rental cars or on airplanes. With that said, you will probably never use the car seat base and only strap it in using the belts, so pick one you can easily and safely install on the move.

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks Girlwiththemostcake, I just ordered the Graco Snugride.I also ordered the adaptor for my Uppababy stroller, so I can attach the car seat-if I ever need to.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"