Minnesota Babies
Options

Caribou Coffee???

Hey Ladies- is it ok to drink a holiday drink from Caribou this afternoon if it is decaf?  I am CRAVING a HoHo White Chocoloate Mocha  (skim milk, no whip, decaf)...

Im just curious about the flavorings/chocolates in it... safe or unsafe in 1st tri???

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Caribou Coffee???

• Options

I drank everything Caribou had to offer when I was pregnant....I never gave up caffeine.

• Options
    I say go for it, I'd stick to decaf : ) but your call especially if you are just having one
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've never heard of anything unsafe about the flavorings/chocolate, am I missing something? I never gave up caffeine while pregnant but I would get my drinks half-caf.
    image Samuel (Photo by Gruman Photography)

• Options

I had Caribou today- they are having a deal where its $2 for any hot medium drink today. I had their med spicy milk chocolate mocha with soy and just made sure I left a couple inches at the bottom...I normally would get a small but its a better deai to get the med today as far as price.

I drink a small coffee just about everyday- not decaf. Or if I skip the coffee, I treat myself to one caffinated soda. Just try to keep it 12oz or less of caff a day.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

There shouldn't be any issues with the flavorings and you should be good to go with decaf.  Almost everything is okay in moderation - just don't do it everyday and you'll be fine.

Enjoy! :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    If you're having one, it's not going to hurt you. The only reason I ever cut out coffee was because it made me want to hurl. Caffine in moderation is totally fine.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Just a FYI about coffee, it generally is not better for you health-wise to drink decaf- the process that they use to make the coffee decaffeinated actually uses a lot of chemicals that end up in the coffee- so you have less caffeine and chemicals.
  • Options

imagebcmanteuffel:
    Just a FYI about coffee, it generally is not better for you health-wise to drink decaf- the process that they use to make the coffee decaffeinated actually uses a lot of chemicals that end up in the coffee- so you have less caffeine and chemicals.

I have heard this as well and am also not giving up caffeine during pregnancy.  I loved coffee before, but with m/s still going on it is not appealing very often.  However, if it does sound good I don't feel bad about having a cup or a drink from the coffee shop. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I never gave up caffeine while pregnant.  I would have turned into a 3 headed monster!
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Options
    imagebcmanteuffel:
    With caribou you are in luck. They don't use chemicals as part of their decaf process :) unless they drastically changed their filtering processes in the past 2-3 years since I've worked there! Most brands and places do though use chemicals- you are right!

imageimage
  • Options

The info about Caribou using the water process for decaf coffee just made my day!!!

I LOVE coffee, drink it every morning, but if I drink it past noon, I'm up all night- so excited I can enjoy it in the afternoon!!!

• Options
    I simply asked for decaf.  I had all the toppings, flavorings, etc.

BFP#1 8/24/11, EDD 5/5/12, D&C 10/24/11 due to missed m/c

BFP #2 2/1/12, EDD 10/11/12.  Baby arrived 10/9/12

BFP #3 5/6/14, EDD 1/14/15

• Options
    I had Caribou daily while pregnant. I agree with a PP -- I would have been extremely evil if I hadn't had coffee every day! Caribou is probably p*ssed I'm not stopping by every day now that I'm on leave. I even have a Keurig to make my own, but I LOVE fresh Caribou!
    imageimageVisit The Nest!Visit The Nest! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Certified Veterinary Technician / SAHM
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"