Michigan Babies

Can't sleep!

So lately I've been waking up around 2-3am and not going back to sleep until 6-ish. It's killing me smalls. Any suggestions?

Re: Can't sleep!

• Ugh.  How far along are you?  I know with me, it is the crazy hormones that keep me awake.  The only non-medication remedy I have is to exercise (if you aren't already) during the day and hopefully that will tire you out enough so that you will sleep through the night.  Insomnia is the worst especially when you know your body needs to sleep!
  • I am having the same issue. I fall asleep fine, but wake up every morning at 4 AM no matter what time I go to bed and can't go back to sleep. It sucks because I am exhausted all day! I am only 5 weeks, but exhausted every day due to lack of sleep!
  • Loading the player...
  • 18 weeks. I will definitely try exercizing a little more. I do walk a bit, I think I am just a little worried about being a mom for the first time too. :) thanks for the advice.
  • It gets better once you get into the second trimester, I promise! :) another thing I have tried is meditation when I can't sleep.
  • 14 weeks!  I have been waking up automatically at 4 am everyday no matter what time I fall asleep too.  It is awful!  Last night I noticed I can't sleep on my stomach anymore and that was awful!  Other wise being pregnant is great, but the lack of comfortable sleep is killing me!

Valarie Visit The Nest!
  • I know, I am a total stomach sleeper and that is the one thing I really miss. then later, you can't even sleep on your back either! I bought a tiny little pillow for my stomach when I lay on my side and a regular pillow for in between my knees...that's all that works for me, for now. lol :)
  • I'm also suffering from insomnia! It really sucks. I just went to the doc yesterday and my nurse suggested Tylenol PM or Benadryl. I don't feel comfortable taking drugs so I will just suffer though it. I am 8 weeks now and I have had it since week 5. My nurse said it will get better in the second trimester! I work out almost everyday and it does not make me any sleepier.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"