March 2012 Moms

WTF Wednesday

The good, the bad, the ugly... the things that seriously make you go, "wtf, mate?"

Last night I found out that my cat likes to eat dill pickle flavored popcorn.

Your turn.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: WTF Wednesday

• Today I found out they make dill pickle flavored popcorn.
  • My cats have had less interest in going outside since it's getting colder... But this morning all of a sudden they're clawing at the door and freaking out trying to get outside because I had to go somewhere and be gone all day.  When I'm gone all day, I don't let them out because we live in the middle of nowhere and there's stray cats/dogs and foxes and I feel the need to let them in when they freak out....  It's like they know I'm leaving....

Also, thankfully it's just to do some cooking stuff for an event tonight on the campus near my house, but when someone says they're going to meet me to work on the food for tonight and the woman I'm meeting up with is late.  Good thing I brought my laptop just in case...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • W(hy)TF do the people that I work with think I will work for free after having this child? Why no... if my pay doesn't even cover the cost of daycare, then NO. I AM NOT GOING TO BE WORKING.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm all for saving sea turtles... I even volunteered to watch their nests overnight last summer to help the disoriented ones... but having to keep our balcony lights off or else we get a $10,000.00 fine PER DAY (yes you read that correctly) makes me say WTF?! And thank god turtle season is over. Stick out tongue
  • imageWifey1012:
    Today I found out they make dill pickle flavored popcorn.

Hahahahaha. 

Now I want some. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagepattymctatty:
    W(hy)TF do the people that I work with think I will work for free after having this child? Why no... if my pay doesn't even cover the cost of daycare, then NO. I AM NOT GOING TO BE WORKING.

Yes   I get sick of this question...  I'd have to make at least $60,000 a year in order to get into the average day care around where I live.  And there's not many options for things like friends or in home stuff, as most people in my area commute into DC (where the money jobs are, seriously!) and most families, if they have 2 parents, have both working.  I feel for you lady!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ok LO I love that you are kicking all the time during the day. I love to watch it and it makes me smile but WTF yesterday you kicked no stop all day (which I didnt mind)and then most of the night (which I did), dont you need some sleep little guy. I now am dead tired because I wasnt able to sleep very well.. guess you are just getting me ready for march.
  • If our GD cat eats one more thing that belongs to Charlotte I will kick him out of this house and not feel one morsel of regret. I hate hate hate this stupid cat. This animal is NOT my family. It is one thing when it is my stuff, but he is ruining her things and it makes me irrationally annoyed.
    image        image
  • imageWifey1012:
    Today I found out they make dill pickle flavored popcorn.

LOL! I did not know this until today as well!

Today my WTF was waking up at 6am and realizing I hadn't woke up ONCE all night! :) That hasn't happened in months!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicTTC #1 since April '11.- BFP 7/3/11! - EDD 3/13/12 - Dean born 3/15/12! - Lovely Labor Buddies with PsychGirl33!! <3 </br> Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have cleaned my house, showered and gotten dressed... all before noon.  Now here I sit and wait with nothing to do all day. WTF am I going to do? ;)

(that was the best I could come up with)

dx MF & FF IF
    Off B.C. Jan '06, started charting Feb '08, 2% morphology and PCOS, no O with meds,
    IVF w/ICSI only option to conceive.
    Licensed Foster Parents 07.11
    Miracle BFP 7.20.11 1st beta 6,274! EDD 3.17.12
    Miracle Baby born March 5, 2012 . 6lbs 1oz, 19 3/4"
    Miracle BFP #2 10.8.12 - edd 6.20.13

Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • My BIL's coworkers (interns technically) think I'm "hot". I am flattered. Then again, I am 6 months pregnant. That's creepy.WTF?

Working, Breastfeeding, Unmedicated Birthing Mother of Two.
  • imagemahtnamas23:
    ok LO I love that you are kicking all the time during the day. I love to watch it and it makes me smile but WTF yesterday you kicked no stop all day (which I didnt mind)and then most of the night (which I did), dont you need some sleep little guy. I now am dead tired because I wasnt able to sleep very well.. guess you are just getting me ready for march.

THIS! Totally this! Yes

I LOVE feeling the kicks but holy cow your have to give Mom a break every once and awhile kiddo!

PS: WHERE on earth do you get pickle flavored popcorn?!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I seriously think my dog faked an injury to get attention.

He suddenly started limping the other night. We couldn't figure out why, but DH and I loved on him, babied him and kept him off his feet. We couldn't pinpoint exactly where he injured himself. The next morning, when we went to take him to the vet, the limp was gone and he acted perfectly fine. WTF?!

• Yesterday we got a bill from a Collections agency stating that we owed the hospital several hundred dollars. WTF? I had MADE SURE and asked the accounting office that I didn't owe anything (In fact, I made sure to ask twice).

Well anyway, my husband called the hospital today and they realized their mistake. They had told us originally that all fees would be due after delivery and something slipped through the cracks in their system. They are removing it from the collections agency so we don't get dinged on our credit but they do ask that we pay now instead of later... I guess we were originially misinformed (by two different people from their office?). I don't understand it, but I'm just glad that we at least don't get dinged on our credit and I guess it'll be nice to have the payment over with now instead of hanging over our head later.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageAlliebooberz:

I have cleaned my house, showered and gotten dressed... all before noon.  Now here I sit and wait with nothing to do all day. WTF am I going to do? ;)

(that was the best I could come up with)

Ditto for me! I am now doing laundry but what do you do while the machines are running? Nothing! WTF?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I scratched the car a while ago, and put a little dent in the bumper (I was literally just learning to drive, feel free to laugh). The damages are purely cosmetic and not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but DH wants it repaired for the new insurance co. So I went to get an estimate today and they want to charge $1300 for those two things!! WTH!? A grand for a dent and a scratch?? DH says we'll see if we can at least cover up the scratch ourselves, I'm dreading him being mad at me because of this.
  • The office I work in is moving to a new building in March.  They want us to start cleaning out stuff that will not be needed or going to the new building before Jan 1.  We are a fire training center so we have lots and lots of old textbooks and materials that are outdated so we have a lot of stuff to trash. 

The office put the secretary in charge of the move.  She is a brash, loud, over ruling b*tch to begin with.  Now her head is the size of the room.  She told us in an email last week that there would be one corner for trash and one corner for surplus (county govt, so we can't throw some stuff out). No other instructions given.

My boss and I spent all of Monday going through old training book and materials and through desks, cabinets and book shelves.  We made a HUGE pile for trash.  She comes in today and sees it and has a fit.  So she then sends an email that we should be putting papers in one box for recycling, books in a box for recycling, taking all papers out of binders etc etc etc.  We would have been perfectly okay with doing this Monday had she been clear but NOOOOO she decides to say it today after we have created this massive pile of trash.  Now we're supposed to go through all of it and sort it.  WTF??!!  No way!  Not going to do it!

(BFP 2/7/14. Miscarriage 4/3/14 at 12 weeks)

TTGP September Siggy Challenge: Teen Crush

• My dog eats pomegranate seeds.
  • I personally put this in the category of WTF but it might sound a bit like a mini pity party.
    WhyTF is my m/s not going away?!?! I had a few weeks of being able to eat. Now, all of a sudden, I can't drink or eat anything without puking my guts up. I just want to enjoy a (very small) meal!
    WTF?!?!?!
  • imagelawright:
    My dog eats pomegranate seeds.

Oh I will see your seeds and raise you this:  my dogs eats q-tips. He seriously will hunt specifically for them in the garbage and sneak off to eat them. I think hes an addict lol.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicTTC #1 since April '11.- BFP 7/3/11! - EDD 3/13/12 - Dean born 3/15/12! - Lovely Labor Buddies with PsychGirl33!! <3 </br> Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My BIL became engaged to a girl because they thought she was pregnant, but ended up not being; a year later she did get pregnant (still not married), and he broke it off 4 months before the baby was due.  They got back together a month before the baby was due and now that the baby is 7 months old, they are breaking up again.

Well, the first time he broke it off I looked around and pulled a few favors to get him an appt with a really good family practice attorney.  BIL never showed up to the appt and ended up getting back together with her.  But now he wants to know if I can get him another appt. WTF - NOOOOOOO!!! I already look like an idiot for him bailing the first time and who knows if they will actually stay broken up or if they will get back together again.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • imagemrshurst:

I seriously think my dog faked an injury to get attention.

He suddenly started limping the other night. We couldn't figure out why, but DH and I loved on him, babied him and kept him off his feet. We couldn't pinpoint exactly where he injured himself. The next morning, when we went to take him to the vet, the limp was gone and he acted perfectly fine. WTF?!

When I first got my poodle our grams stepped on her foot, she limped on the right foot for a couple days, out fox terrier boba got jealous and started to limp on his right foot.  I told my husband, he thought I was full of crap till he saw it, we proceeded to shower him with love, that stunt earned him some extra treats and loving.

• imageSheenaNash1:

imagelawright:
    My dog eats pomegranate seeds.

Oh I will see your seeds and raise you this:  my dogs eats q-tips. He seriously will hunt specifically for them in the garbage and sneak off to eat them. I think hes an addict lol.

My dog warmachine eats wishes (dandelion weeds) When we take them to the park he will run up on them and chomp them like its a game he usually eats a couple each time.  Also all my dogs love grapefruit, they love all fruits and veggies but really grapefruit?

• I have cravings... for tuna.  As in, Chicken of the Sea Tuna in Water... straight from the can.  WTF is that?!

I know I've read that cravings mean that you're missing something... am I missing mercury or some heavy metal? 

• today and yesterday I was asked rather snottishly "why?" when they asked if I was having a baby..really?!  Who asks why? You're suppose to say congrats. At least pretend to be happy for me! and sad part is is that neither of these people know me!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemrshurst:

I seriously think my dog faked an injury to get attention.

Mine is along the same lines.

I SWEAR our dog throws up just to get attention.  We've changed food kind, we've changed how much they get to eat, and the vets say he is perfectly fine.

But the minute DH comes home from work and he sits down and we are talking with each other, if we don't pay enough attention to him....next thing you know,  BLEARG!! He throws up everywhere. Always in the same spot, and always three times. It's just a weird coincidence that it happens when he wants attention and we aren't giving him enough. It drives me nuts!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My dog's favorite toy is an empty water bottle. He will seriously cry and stare at me while I'm trying to drink out of one. Though that's not quite as WTF-y as this next one: 

There were five people walking around waving Confederate flags outside of the fine arts museum today. No one seems to have an answer as to why they were there or what they were trying to accomplish. I know there has been some controversy over the fact that the museum isn't displaying the flag on an old Confederate chapel on the property, but...it just seemed like a really random thing to do on a Wednesday. Plus one of the guys waved at me and that was just weird.  

• I keep thinking WTF are my ankles going to look like in March if they are  the size of my calves right now?!  And what would they have looked like if it was 90 outside?!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"