Preemies
Options

NPR: HSG?

I know I could ask this on another board and get more responses but I like you guys better. 

Does anyone have any experience with an HSG?  My best friend is going in for one soon and she wants to know what to expect?  Pain?  Issues afterwards?  TIA!

Re: NPR: HSG?

• Options

I had one. It is a uncomfortable and quite painful for about 30 seconds when the dye is inserted. The procedure itself is very, very quick. Afterwards I was pretty crampy for the rest of the day and into the next day. 

Overall, it was fine. I remember being incredibly nervous about it and I was relieved to have it over with.

I hope your friend feels ok and the HSG reveals that she doesn't have any issues.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

When I had it done I was told it could be painful, but I actually didn't have any at all during the procedure. I was a little crampy the rest of the day, but nothing too bad. The procedure was really quick for me as well.

good luck to your friend!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was incredibly nervous for mine. They told me to take Advil before the procedure. It was very crampy and painful right when they injected the dye, but it lasted less than a minute. I was a little crampy for the rest of the day, but overall the cramping pain afterwards was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Good luck to your friend!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I also had one.  Like the others, I was very nervous.  I took some ibuprofen before the procedure.  For me, it was incredibly uncomfortable and painful when they injected the dye.  Luckily this only lasted for a minute or less.  Afterwards, I wasn't crampy at all.  I got pregnant with my twins the next cycle (we were TTC for over a year before that).  It may have been pure coincidence, but the doctor that did the procedure told me that women have a higher chance of getting pregnant after because their tubes are "cleaned out".  Good luck to your friend!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I've had 2 ( had an ectopic in each tube) & I had a lot of pain ( more than normal) b/c 1 tube was completely blocked.  I also had cramping the next day. Some advice would be to take some Tylenol about an hour before the HSG & see if she can take the next day a little easy. Hope it goes well for her. ( I'm not a premie mom, but check in on the other Feb '12 moms who are, hope that it's ok I answered!)
  • Options
    Thanks for the responses ladies!  Like most of your she's really nervous.  She also has a really low tolerance for pain and hates shots.  I told her maybe pregnancy isn't the way to go! ;) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"