Illinois Babies
Options

Deliver at IL Masonic? Reco a doula in Lakeview?

I was wondering what your experience was like when delivering at Illinois Masonic hospital in Lakeview. Any suggestions or comments?

Also, I am considering a doula. Have any recommendations for delivering at Illinois Masonic hospital in Lakeview?

Thanks.

Re: Deliver at IL Masonic? Reco a doula in Lakeview?

• Options

I loooooved my delivery @ Masonic! I had twins at 33wks, so I was so grateful to have such an experienced and prepared NICU. The doctor and nursing staff are friendly, low-key, and knowledgeable. I would have any and all future deliveries there!

Since twins are technically a "high risk" preg, I couldn't have a doula/mw, etc.. so I'm not sure how to research one. Sorry!

My OB was part of the Delfinado/Sodini group, and I would follow them to the ends of the earth. Or at least to Halsted and Wellington. 

Good luck!  

• Options

I delivered my daughter at Masonic in December and I had a great experience!  Dr. Sodini delivered her and she was awesome.  I really wanted to have a medication-free birth and they were totally fine with it (even though I had  to be induced!)

I did not get to work with a doula/ midwife because my pregnancy was considered high risk, but I did get to see their alternative birth room and it is AWESOME!!  I am so jealous of the girls who get to deliver there!! 

Good luck!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    don't know about the hospital, but birthways has great doulas.  mine was lauren wiejak.  LOVED her!  i really couldn't have done it without her.  (I posted the same thing on another thread.  that's how great i think she is!)
  • Options

Sorry to revive such an old thread :)

I am due 03/24/2012, and Dr. Delfinado is my OB.  We are scheduled to deliver at Masonic.  I absolutely LOVE Dr Delfinado.  Dr. Sodini seemed nice, and I have yet to meet the 3rd doc.  DH and I just took a tour of the maternity ward, but it was a little less than impressive.  The normal tour guide wasn't available, so a different nurse was giving the tour.

I was hoping for feedback or any info you might have!!  Aside from showing us the size of the bathrooms, we didn't really have many questions answered.

TIA!!! 

IAmPregnant TickerBabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"