Georgia Babies
Options

I need some easy baby meal ideas

I'm having such a hard time switching my brain over from formula & baby food to all table food!  I remember struggling w/ this with Gavin too.  Specifically, I need help in the protein department.  Sophie is a little odd and actually PREFERS veggies over fruits and carbs.  Seriously... I just gave her pasta shapes with peas and carrots and she is picking out all the veggies and throwing the noodles to the dog.  Weirdo.  And I gave her a cheese quesadilla and same thing.  She wouldn't touch it. She loves those morningstar "chicken" nuggets, but I feel like she needs some more variety.  And what about breakfast?  She loves pancakes but I need some other easy ideas too. I need stuff that I can either heat up in the microwave or I can pull right out and serve w/ minimal effort.  If you have links to any good blogs, please share those too :-)  TIA 

Re: I need some easy baby meal ideas

• Options

my little one has always dug tofu more than meat. you can mix it with avacado and spread it on toast, or i marinade mine with some honey, low sodium soy and ginger and broil it and cut it into strips. he also loves greek yogurt that i mix with baby fruit puree (most flavored greek i find isn't full fat so we wing it). he likes to "dip" toast strips in it or eat in by itself. we also do toast with full fat cream cheese and fruit puree or when he was smaller he would eat the bready part of a bagel with cream cheese. i really like this site too:

https://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/ 

imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

Breakfast: oatmeal, scrambled eggs and veggies cooked in a muffin tin and reheated, cheerios, yogurt.

Meal ideas: hotdogs (nitrate free are what we go for), stir-fry and rice, lots of beans - Emma adored black beans and rice.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

For breakfast we do a scrambled egg with a side of fruit, or oatmeal with either cottage cheese or yogurt mixed into it.  That way she gets plenty of protein at that meal.

Morningstar also makes a great black bean burger (as well as a decent veggie burger) that you can try.

Bertolli makes a line of frozen soups which I find to be great for kiddos.  You can make it in less than 10 minutes and they are full of meat, veggies, and pasta.  I typically eat the broth myself and give her the actual pieces of food.  Also, there are good steamer bags of frozen meals which combine pasta, veggies & meat in the entree section of the frozen food aisle. Those are good for quick & easy meals. My grocery store has a seperate frozen section for organic stuff and I find a lot of good things there that are both easy & healthy for her.

Have you done peanut butter with her yet?  If so, that is full of protein and can be put on a bunch of stuff. 

Nothing is more discouraging than unappreciated sarcasm. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Options

Bryce isn't a big breakfast eater and will really only eat cheerios or a breakfast bar. Sometimes he barely eats that.

Other stuff:

hot dogs - I get hebrew nationals

black beans - these are always a hit

hamburger - I do spaghetti with hamburger meat or lasanga, pretty much anything with a red sauce and hamburger he'll eat. I also do a cheesy hamburger mac that I got off Rachael Ray. It's like the easiest meal EVER and both my kids eat it.

shredded bbq chicken - this is my crockpot recipe. All you do is a couple of chicken breasts with 1/3 of a bottle of bbq sauce mixed with 1/4 cup of water. Let it cook all day then 30 mintues before dinner shredded the chicken and add the rest of the bbq sauce. Both my kids eat this too whcih is huge especially for bailey who doesn't eat hardly anything anymore.

Taco night - I give bryce pieces of a flour tortilla with cheese, hamburger, tomatoes and black beans.

BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    The boys used to love Amy's Minestrone Soup.  When they were that age, I'd drain out the broth and they'd eat the pasta and veggies.  I really liked that soup for them because it had a ton of veggies in it.
  • Options
    Ryan has been eating steak and pork chops since he was 7 months old. He devours steak like it's going out of style. He also loves broccoli, baked beans, taco meat, black beans, black bean dip (salsa+black beans). Blueberries are also a big hit. He also loves baked ziti and a ground turkey cassarole I make (I can send you the recipe if you are interested).
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
  • Options

sunflower butter, tuna, or grilled cheese sandwiches..I make them for both kids on the Arnold multi-grain sandwich thins because the bread is thinner and they gobble it up.

It is not protein, but Israeli cous-cous with roasted zucchini and tomatoes or broccoli mixed in has been a big hit around here lately.

Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016
    missed m/c- 6w5d; discovered 8w2d- September 2016

• Options
    For breakfast, he loves French toast (I am allergic to eggs so I just buy the frozen Aunt Jemina ones), waffles, pancakes, and scrambled eggs. For lunch or dinner, I also sometimes feed him the morning star baked bean burgers. For the most part, he eats whatever we eat. Grated cheese is a big hit too.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
  • Options

L loves sausage of any variety, steak, grilled chicken, meatballs, pepperoni, and fish sticks. Oh and she used to be into those little cubes of ham like you put on salads. I keep the meatballs frozen and precooked.  I make them in big batches and just pull them out as needed and nuke.  Fish sticks can microwave up really quick too.  I also let her snack on turkey pepperoni slices straight from the fridge.

For veggies she seems to like them raw over cooked.  Carrot slices and broccoli are about all I can get her to eat.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Posting for future reference...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"