Preemies
Options

Having a bad day

I am joining the group of moms who are hitting a wall. This morning the dog chewed up one of my breast pump valves, so I could only pump one side at a time and that didn't work out too well. The elevator in our building is broken, so I have to go up and down 4 flights of steps to come and go (2 weeks after having a c-section) and may not be fixed until tomorrow at the earliest.

I ran to buy buy baby to get new valves and couldn't find a parking spot anywhere and started crying and screaming in my car. Finally got new valves and pulled the I need to get to the NICU card to jump the line so I could attempt to make the noon feeding. I missed it however because the highway and all the secondary roads were backed up and the nurse couldn't wait to feed her even though I called and since she was sleepy anyways didn't even attempt to bottle fed her and went straight for the gavage feeding.

After pumping in the NICU, I went get lunch and was charged $10 for a salad in the hospital cafteria. $10 are you shitting me? No wonder so many of these hosptial workers are overweight - the hospital is not providing low-cost healthy meal options for them (sorry my employer does this and subsidizes healthier eating).

Here is hoping the 3pm feeding goes better...

Re: Having a bad day

• Options

I'm sorry that you are having a bad day. 

• Options
    Hope your day gets better.
    Jenn Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so sorry. <<HUGS>> 
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • Options

Oh my gosh - THAT SUCKS! all of it. I am so sorry ::hugs::

Moms in NICU need a parking spot and a front of line pass.

Also, I remember how heartbreaking missing a feed was when you were rushing sofast!!!

::hugs::

• Options
    Leave it to my girl to brighten my day - she took 15 ccs (1/2 an ounce) by bottle at her 3pm feeding! Her TPN/IV line is being removed tomorrow since her sugars have finally stabilized.
  • Options
    imagedcmetrobride:

This morning the dog chewed up one of my breast pump valves, so I could only pump one side at a time and that didn't work out too well. 

This just happened to me last night when we went to the NICU!

I completely feel your pain. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Totally had days like that! Missing feedings was the worst. Hoping the 3p feeding went well and snuggles with your LO made you feel better!
    BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
    BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"