North Carolina Babies
Options

Anyone have a Kindle

What kind?  I think I'm going to get one for myself with my christmas bonus.  One person told me they didn't like the new Fire and took it back.  Anyone have this one?

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Anyone have a Kindle

• Options
    I have the version before the Fire and have been happy with it. Although now that we have an iPad, I'd rather use that.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageraceyrae:
    I have the version before the Fire and have been happy with it. Although now that we have an iPad, I'd rather use that.

I don't want an iPad, I feel like it's too much for me.  But I was thinking the Fire might be a better option for me, it seems like an iPad, just dumbed down a little and cheaper :)  I'm a pretty simple person, not into alot of tech stuff and gadgets.  I don't even have a smartphone.  But I think Kindle's are cool.  Stick out tongue

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a kindle.. .it's just the "regular" kindle. I got it for Christmas last year. I only use it for reading. I think the Fire is a neat idea, but I haven't played with one. I think if you want something to use for other purposes (than an e-reader) the Fire might be a good option. I use my kindle just for reading. I've played with iPads and I think they're really cool, but I do really like the e-ink on the Kindle and I wonder if reading on an iPad (or Fire) would hurt my eyes after awhile.
  • Options
    I don't have a Kindle, but do have a tablet.  I have the Samsung Galaxy Tab.  I super triple love it.  LOVE it.  I have the Kindle app on it, read free stuff from Aamzon all the time.  Get free apps all the time.  It's Ah-Mazing!
    image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***Baby #3: BFP Mother

• Options

There was a recent article, can't remember where I saw it, that the Kindle Fire was getting horrible complaints about various aspects. In response to the complaints, according to the article, they were going to be coming out with a software upgrade at some point. Just thought I'd pass that along...

I don't have a Kindle, I have a Nook, and love it. E-readers are great! 

• Options
    I have an "old school" Kindle (aka, one that is less than a year old and already "obsolete") and I really like it. I find it very easy to read from and even play some games on it. With that said, I am probably going to get a Fire for my birthday in March. I would like a tablet and the price point on those is great compared to the iPad.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Mine is several years old but I still love it when I have time to read. Its the best Christmas present my husband ever gave me. I used to read alot before the twins. I have thought about getting a Fire. The nice thing about just the Kindle e-reader is they are not back lit like a computer screen so you don't get the eye strain or glare.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I got the kindle fire as an early Christmas gift and I LOVE it.  My mom and dad have one and so does my BFF and we all love ours.  A lot of the bad reviews that you read online are from techie people and the kindle isn't an ipad...

The only issue I have with it is that if I check my email on there and delete it, it doesn't actually delete.  Not a huge deal though.

It does have a backlight so it isn't like the "normal" kindle, but it hasn't bothered me at all.  My BFF complained about a glare, but I haven't had an issue.

~*Jenna*~

TTC since November 2009.

Currently licensed foster parents with the hope of adopting!  Also pursuing pregnancy through IUI!  First IUI scheduled 10/3/13

Currently loving our placements:

A 1/08

C 4/11

K 6/12

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"