South Florida Babies
Options

Car Seat Question

I just bought a Graco Car Seat and when I read reviews, a lot of people said that their baby seems to get hot in it, but is good in winter.  This is something I never even thought of, but since we live in FL, I was wondering what car seats people use to make sure their baby is cool?  During winter, I can add a few blankets, but it is generally hot here, so I prefer a car seat that doesn't have heavy fabric.  Any suggestions?

Re: Car Seat Question

• Options
    Although we haven't used it yet we have a Maxi Cosi. The material seemed light weight and the whole car s eat itself was light weight. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I think it really depends on your baby. We have the Peg Perego and when we got it we looked in to the fabric issue because I had read that Graco makes kids hot. We have the Bugaboo so we could only choose from 3 car seats. The Maxi Cosi we opted out of because the reviews on it were not great. Baby Bargains gave it a C- I believe. Between the Graco and the PP we got the PP because I liked that it had breathable fabric. J still got hot in that seat in the summer because he just runs hot normally. In the winter we went to NY and it kept him warm. I put him in there and put a blanket on him and he was fine. I did the same thing down here when it got "cold" 

TTC #1 May/June 2008
    CP 7.19.08
    Dx with PCOS 3.27.09
    HSG 7.15.09 = All clear
    8.09 & 9.09(re-try) IUI #1/2 - Clomid 100mg Follistim 150iu Ovidrel=cancelled due to cysts
    10.09 IUI #1/2 - Clomid 100mg Follistim 150iu Ovidrel Crinone 8%=BFP!
    22mm Follie / 60mil & 48mil post wash counts Beta #1 (14dpiui)= 102 Beta #2 (18dpiui)= 714 12.3.09 HB 135bpm

Our baby boy was born on 7.8.10 @ 38 weeks 2 days! 2:17pm 6lbs 8oz 20" long
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    TTC #2
    HSG 2.2013 - IUI 1/2, 3/4 = BFN - Took 4 month forced break
    IUI 5/6 Clomid 150mg Follistim 150iu Ovidrel ( 11 & 15 mil post wash counts) = 2ww
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I think you'll find issues with heat in any carseat you purchase due to the weather down here.  But like pp said, it also depends on child.  We have Peg Perego, and one son would come out drenched in sweat where the other was okay and they were always in there for same period of time.

Niece has Graco Snugride and she also sweats in it too.

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"