Detroit Babies

Natural Birth at Henry Ford West Bloomfield?

I just switched to a new OB and they deliver out of HFWB and I was wondering if anyone had any experiences with a natural/intervention free birth at this hospital :)

Any info would be great!

dx MF & FF IF
Off B.C. Jan '06, started charting Feb '08, 2% morphology and PCOS, no O with meds,
IVF w/ICSI only option to conceive.
Licensed Foster Parents 07.11
Miracle BFP 7.20.11 1st beta 6,274! EDD 3.17.12
Miracle Baby born March 5, 2012 . 6lbs 1oz, 19 3/4"
Miracle BFP #2 10.8.12 - edd 6.20.13

Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Natural Birth at Henry Ford West Bloomfield?

• I'm also on the Mothering website boards too, and I came across this thread when looking into MW's.  I don't know about NB and OB's at HFWB, but this thread should give you alot of info, or at least answer a few questions.  Check it out.  Hope it helps and GL.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had a fantastic experience at HFWB.  I would never want to go anywhere else.  

After I had a c/s with my daughter at a different hospital, I decided that I wanted to go for a VBAC.  I did a ton of research, and realized my best chances would be with the certified nurse midwives (CNMs) at HFWB.  If you aren't opposed to switching from your OB, I highly recommend the CNMs there.  My primary was Lynn Rife, but all the CNMs are pretty great.  They really are supportive of natural birth.      

I prepared for a natural birth (I did hypnobabies, hired a doula, read every book possible).  I labored naturally for a long time and took full advantage of the tub in the room.  My labor ended up being extremely long (50+ hours) and I had terrible back labor, so I did end up getting an epi for my sanity.  I did get my VBAC and I am convinced that I would not have been successful anywhere else.   

The only concern that I have is that HFWB has had problems in the past where they end up running out of rooms in the maternity ward.  Fortunately, this didn't happen to me.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"