Breastfeeding

How long do you plan to BF?

What is your goal and how far along are you at meeting it?

Originally I planned to BF until I went back to work but now that I am back at work, it has been going smoother than I thought. Now I am planning to go longer. I guess my new goal is to make it to 6 months. LO will be 4 months on Saturday and I have 250 oz of frozen BM.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How long do you plan to BF?

• my goal is to not give any formula, so at least 1 year

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
    Shawn and Larissa
    LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
    LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • before I had her I planned on making it past 1 (like 14-18 months) but once I made it too about 1 year I changed my goal to 2 years and now don't  have a certain stop time, just doing what works for both of us and continuing to nurse is working out famously... at 27months!

Little Rose is 2 1/2.
  • Loading the player...
  • I wanted to at least make it the first 6 weeks, she's 10 weeks now, I'd like to continue on until she starts solids, and she's doing alright with it... ours is more complicated than most, I have to BF and FF for her to be completely satisfied.... so we'll see, the fact that we've made it this far is wonderful, I've had 3 breast surgeries so this is miracle milk :-)
  • At least a year, but likely longer than that until he's ready to stop. I'm fortunate enough to be home with him for this first year, so I can't imagine stopping now. When I go back, we may cut back to bf-ing only when together, but he'll be big enough that shouldn't be too hard on him.
  • imagesmilelari:
    my goal is to not give any formula, so at least 1 year

This is my goal as well. I originally thought we'd wean at 1 year, but now I'm thinking I'll let her decide when she's done, as long as it's still working for me. 

• I originally wanted to go till 6 months. But now that I'm almost there I don't want to stop.
  • 6 months. I currently have to supplement w/ formula - only about 4 oz a day.  BF has always been a struggle for us, but I do enjoy it..
  • imagesmilelari:

same. so far I am 1/3 of the way there. 

• imageBirdies08:

imagesmilelari:

This is my goal as well. I originally thought we'd wean at 1 year, but now I'm thinking I'll let her decide when she's done, as long as it's still working for me. 

That's what we plan to do!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I hope to never buy formula so at least a year and really hope to make it until she weans herself, but that means crossing my fingers I don't get deployed and I don't know how likely that is but I'm nondeployable for 6mo.  I'm going to try to build a freezer stash just in case.
    5/08- blighted ovum, spont ab; 2/20/09- epi, VAVD, Girl! breastfed 24mo; 10/10- blighted ovum, spon ab; 12/10- no fetal pole, Cytotec; 11/20/11- unmedicated SVD, Girl! breastfed 18mo; 11/7/13- unmedicated SVD, breastfed 18mo; 2/11/16- unmedicated SVD, exclusively pumping to at least a year.

• My goal is exclusive BF for 6 months, I know I can do it while I am on leave until 3 months and once back at work it's a question mark, but I've made it this far so I'm going to do my best.
    Raising a threenager since 11/11
    Baby boy #2 due 5/6/15
  • My original goal was to make it through my maternity leave (which ended 4 months ago), and we are still trucking along at 7 months.

My goal now is to never give her formula, so we are shooting for at least 12 months. Smile

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • 12-24 months, I'm not sure.
    dx MF & FF IF
    Off B.C. Jan '06, started charting Feb '08, 2% morphology and PCOS, no O with meds,
    IVF w/ICSI only option to conceive.
    Licensed Foster Parents 07.11
    Miracle BFP 7.20.11 1st beta 6,274! EDD 3.17.12
    Miracle Baby born March 5, 2012 . 6lbs 1oz, 19 3/4"
    Miracle BFP #2 10.8.12 - edd 6.20.13

Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • My goal is only breastmilk for 6 months, then adding solids....  I'd like to never use formula, but I'd like to wean her slowly.  I work F/T so after a year I'd like to cut down on the pumping and only nurse when we're together.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Our plan was 18 months.  I nursed DS for 21 months, I weaned him when I was 15 weeks pregnant.
  • Hoping two years, but it might be longer, as DS2's birthday is October, and I'd like him to nurse through a few winters if he wants. He's 14 months. I nursed DS1 for almost 2.5 years.
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• My goal is 12 mos. LO is 11 weeks so we have a ways to go.
  • My first goal was 6 months. Now it's 18 months - 2 yrs.

We EBF for 6 months then 50/50 formula and BM. Now she nurses 2-3 times a day and has some rice milk, I'd like to keep this up definitely through cold/flu season.

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
      Francesca Pearl is here!             Josephine Hope is almost 3!
  • A year +.  I'll start weaning down from pumping at work when he turns one (only a few more weeks left!).  I plan to wean down very slowly so he gets breastmilk for awhile after that.  I have a freezer stash to go through, too.  After I stop pumping at work, I'll nurse morning and night as long as he's interested.  I definitely want to give him all or mostly breastmilk through his 1 year adjusted birthday (his original due date), which is April 30th.  Then, we'll add in WCM.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

imageimage
  • one year!
  • I'm shooting for her first birthday! :) Seeing that we have already made it 7 months, I don't think it will be much of a problem.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"