December 2011 Moms

Do contractions make you feel like you have to poop?

I have had painless BH contractions for a long time that I literally can't feel or notice most of the time, but lately I have been feeling something. I keep thinking "Yay! There it is! A menstrual cramp-ish feeling!" only to realize that it is just that I have to poop...again.

Every time I eat, I have to go #2 urgently after like 30 minutes. It hurts sometimes and I get all excited.

Someone please tell me this is an early labor symptom?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Do contractions make you feel like you have to poop?

• imagekwinkle1980:

Every time I eat, I have to go #2 urgently after like 30 minutes. It hurts sometimes and I get all excited.

Haha...this is what our lives have came to ladies!!!

I've read/heard again and again that our bodies naturally try and clean themselves out before labor. So maybe it is a sign of labor. I don't know if contractions feels like the urge to poop though??? I'm pretty confused on what contractions are supposed to feel like myself.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Did for me :) I was afraid to leave the bathroom though because it felt like I was constipated.
  • Loading the player...
  • In the last couple of weeks I starting pooping 3x a day. Thursday when I was in labor and didn't know it, I was having bad cramps that were timeable. And that day, I had to go in the middle of eating. The nurses and Dr didn't know I was in labor until they hooked me up to a monitor. And no one knew my water broke b/c the baby acted like a cork. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers daisypath PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Unexplained infertility HSG-clear, DH SA-Great 3 cycles Clomid TI with OB/GYN Switched to RE Jan2011 Feb2011 100mg Clomid + trigger + #1 IUI=BFN Mar. 12,2011 100mg Clomid + Estradiol + #2 IUI BFP 3/20/11, Beta #1 12dpiui 174, Beta #2 17dpiui 1660, Beta #3 21dpiui 6687 image
  • Mine dont feel like i need to poop... however they do feel tight and spread from back to front and give me a pressure on my pelvis and butt... but no pooping sensation. 

But each person feels them differently.  My nurse in L&D said the urge to use the bathroom (either way) and not actually having to is something they look for.  

image  image  image
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I hope you're in labor!!!  Come out, baby!!!  Good luck!!!
  • I spent the first part of my labor in the bathroom this go around... What's better than pooping your way through contractions?!  ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • I feel like this all the time last couple days and go couple times, but from DD experience contractions hurt in my lower back/booty area.  I knew it was not right but wasnt sure it was contractions either till they told me it was.  it was more just uncomfortable at first then when hard labor hit it was horrible I didnt feel them in my stomach at all.
  • I swear, the worst part of being a FTM i not having a clue what labor is supposed to feel like. I am on pins and needles!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"