Preemies
Options

Where to buy container for breastmilk for freezer?

I'm just about out of the bottles to store my breastmilk that I got from the NICU and have started looking for 4 to 8 oz bottles to store my breastmilk that I can put into the freezer - does anyone have suggestions on where/what to buy that isn't too expensive?
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Where to buy container for breastmilk for freezer?

• Options
    I haven't seen bottles that big but Medela makes bags that go to 5 ounces. They are easier to freeze because you can lay them flat. They come with an adaptor for the pump
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I prefer lasinoh bags. They freeze flat and are easier to store than bottles. I've purchased them from target, buy buy baby and amazon.com.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagekitkat145:
    I prefer lasinoh bags. They freeze flat and are easier to store than bottles. I've purchased them from target, buy buy baby and amazon.com.

I was going to buy these but was unsure how they would connect to my pump. Do you know if there is an adaptor that works with medela pumps?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Photobucket
  • Options
    try the Lansinoh bags.  Don't put more than 5 oz in them or they will break when you thaw them.  I know Up & Up starting making these too.
  • Options
    imageMommynTeacher:

imagekitkat145:

I was going to buy these but was unsure how they would connect to my pump. Do you know if there is an adaptor that works with medela pumps?

I used to re-use (and wash) the same bottles attached to my pump and then transfer the contents to NICU bottles after every pump. So I was pumping into the same bottles - make sense? The bottles that NICU supplies are available but are $$$$$ and take up a lot of space. I'd recommend saving a few pumping bottles and finding a bag you like - lay it flat and freeze then you can put it up in a file-like stack.

• Options
    imageurbanflowerpot:
    imageMommynTeacher:

imagekitkat145:

I used to re-use (and wash) the same bottles attached to my pump and then transfer the contents to NICU bottles after every pump. So I was pumping into the same bottles - make sense? The bottles that NICU supplies are available but are $$$$$ and take up a lot of space. I'd recommend saving a few pumping bottles and finding a bag you like - lay it flat and freeze then you can put it up in a file-like stack.

I reuse the bottles that came with my pump. Or I can also attach my Dr Browns directly to the pump so I do that sometimes too. Then transfer to the bags, freeze them flat so it takes up less space. 

• Options
    imageMommynTeacher:

imagekitkat145:

I pump into the bottles that came with my pump and then pour into the freezer bags. I lay them flat in the freezer and then store the frozen bags in a gift bag.  

• Options

Ditto for lanoish bags and freeze flat.  This is a great way to store once you start building up a stash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAK-sC424Kk 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

i have a crap load of the 80ml medela bottles from our NICU stay and my freezer stash that im using now. i have over 100 empty(and growing) with lids that im debating just throwing into the recycle bin. if u want them PM me. i would just ask to be re-imburse for shipping. they r clean but u would probably want to sterilize or wash them yourself.

i usually pump into the medela bottles then combine each side into a lanish bag or the 80ml bottles. i like to do 1/2 and 1/2 for my freezer stash because its super easy to defrost the medela bottles and put a nipple on the bottle and feed(i usually do 2 a feed now)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"