New to The Bump
Options

Frequent Lurker but New to the Bump Community

Hi my name is Tiffany. Since I was pregnant, I would always read posts and articles here, but never had the courage to post myself in the community until now. 

I'm 26 years old from the Dallas/Fort Worth Texas area. I had a baby girl, Laila. She was born by c-section on March 9, 2011. I'm an exclusive breast feeder and power pumper. I just recently started introducing her to baby food and cereals. She's teething and I've read and heard horror stories about baby biting down hard on the nipple and I feel like I'm going to need the community when that happens to me. Her father, now my fiance', just proposed last month and Laila is currently 7 months old. We moved in with each other before she was born. I'm a stay at home mom and he works outside the home. This is the first child for both of us and we didn't know it, but we have embraced many attachment parenting practices, but because we are both first time parents, we are just extra cautious and paranoid and everything! It's been an adjustment since I am a home body, but I need some more ideas to keep me entertained and occupied throughout the days because most times I really only go out on weekends. I read to her, just recently started her watching Your Baby Can Read and other educational and kid friendly DVDs, but I would like to do more now that she's becoming more active. She is a crawling and rolling machine! Not to many of my family and friends exclusively breastfed their child so I really only have 1 friend that I can talk to in real life about the ups and downs and more importantly I need advice on slowly starting to wean. I want to work a part time job for the holidays, but when other family members watch her, she doesn't take the bottle. I would like to work from home, but it's not like the job market for those kinds of jobs is promising these days or everyone would work from home. Plus, I'm not very crafty so I can't think of how I can use my talents to make an income for myself. I didn't plan on it, but I want to be at home with my daughter and my fiance is ok with it. My family and friends keep pushing the idea of putting her in day care, but we really can't afford it on just 1 income and no other family or friend can watch her during the day and/or night if I was to go back to work. 

So yeah, I could go on and on, so that's why I need more people to talk to instead of just always feeling like I'm thinking out loud. Thanks for reading and I look forward to meeting all of you. 

Re: Frequent Lurker but New to the Bump Community

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"