Photography studio suggestions — The Bump
Phoenix Babies

Photography studio suggestions

I'm thinking of having portraits for our 3 month old daughter at either JCPenney, Portrait Innovations, Sears, or BuyBuyBaby.

Anyone have experience with any of these or can you recommend another studio?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Photography studio suggestions

• I have had my daughter's pictures done several times at Portrait Innovations and they have always been awesome! They have a really good package for less than $10, but the problem with them is that so many of the pictures are so cute that you will want to buy them all. I have also taken her to Target before and they do a pretty good job. They are more expensive than Portrait Innovations and don't take nearly as many pictures and they are pretty basic poses and backgrounds. Hope this helps!
  • We usually hire a photographer to come to our house or a park but fell for a Groupon that was running for $50 towards Picture People at Arrowhead Mall.  Complete waste of time and money!  The pictures were low quality, the photographer was in such a rush that she didn't even introduce herself and the sets were ripped tarps they hung in the background.  It definitely taught me a lesson that you get what you pay for!  Last weekend we had a fantastic photographer come to our house for our LOs 6 month pictures and they turned out amazing!  The pictures are definitely more candid and aren't the tacky "prom pose" style that you see all too often.  I guess the purpose of my post is to encourage you to contact some local photographers and see what their rates are.  It may not be in your budget to have the photos taken every few months but it's worth looking into.

Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for your story, and advice. We took our 3.5 month old daughter to Portrait Innovations on Mayo Blvd. yesterday. They were very accommodating -told us to take our time, as she needed to be fed more + a diaper change 2x. We had heard on yelp that they were very punctual, but we were happily surprised! Our photographer, Kellie was so sweet -bubbly and great with our daughter. We had family shots, and single shots ~80 some pictures were taken, but then we had to decide. Oye! We of course went in thinking we would spend maybe $30 with upgrades after the $9 Christmas special, but no no we left spending $130!

They did a wonderful job and I would recommend them. Advice is to ask when a least busy time is -there were a few kids throwing legos everywhere when we arrived and running around. The mother did not have the kids under control. Anyhoo...it was quiet during much of our photoshoot and that was between 12:30-1:30p. 

How often do you think we should get photos taken? We're open to having a photographer come to our home or park if they have props for infants.

Thanks again :-)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • image Pacbrz:

Thanks for your story, and advice. We took our 3.5 month old daughter to Portrait Innovations on Mayo Blvd. yesterday. They were very accommodating -told us to take our time, as she needed to be fed more + a diaper change 2x. We had heard on yelp that they were very punctual, but we were happily surprised! Our photographer, Kellie was so sweet -bubbly and great with our daughter. We had family shots, and single shots ~80 some pictures were taken, but then we had to decide. Oye! We of course went in thinking we would spend maybe $30 with upgrades after the $9 Christmas special, but no no we left spending $130!

They did a wonderful job and I would recommend them. Advice is to ask when a least busy time is -there were a few kids throwing legos everywhere when we arrived and running around. The mother did not have the kids under control. Anyhoo...it was quiet during much of our photoshoot and that was between 12:30-1:30p. 

How often do you think we should get photos taken? We're open to having a photographer come to our home or park if they have props for infants.

Thanks again :-)

So far I've had our LO's pics taken at 4 days old, 12 weeks and 6 months.  I'll probably try to keep having his pictures taken every 3 months or so at least for the first year when he's changing so quickly.  After that I'll probably have pictures taken twice a year in May and November. (May is his birthday month and November will be perfect timing for Christmas cards!)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards