Preemies
Options

Matthew is home!!

Matthew came home from the NICU last Friday! He gained weight and is upto 5 lb 5oz  (was 4lb14oz @ birth) We have another appt tomorrow for them to check his weight. Has been doing great with his feedings-- I have been trying to BF & supplement with formula until my supply increases. I still am unsure how much he is actually getting when I BF.  When I pump I do not get that much so I have been trying to give him the bottle when he seems to get lazy on the breast. 

I am currently using the hospital grade Medela Symphony pump that I rented but plan to buy one when the rental period is over... Any suggestions on a good pump to switch to after using this one for the past month? 

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Matthew is home!!

• Options
    Congrats on getting to take your LO home.
    Jenn Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Congrats on having your LO home! When I switched from the Symphony...I got the Medela Freestyle. Granted, I used the Symphony for several months so my supply was established before I switched. You might want to rent it for a couple months and then switch. That's my advice.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Congratulations - hoorayy!!!!

If I were you and had to do things over I would continue renting the pump as long as possible...but then again I only had a welfare pump to compare it with and those are BRUTAL. I won't recommend it ;P

• Options
    Congrats!!
    BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
    BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.
  • Options
    Congrats! I used a Medela Freestyle also and really liked it.  But I kept a rented hospital pump at home because I found it more comfortable.
    image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

congrats!!

I switched to the pump in style advanced with no issues!

• Options

Congrats on taking Matthew home!

I rented the symphony for 3 months and then switched to the Medela Pump in Style Advanced. The symphony parts and PISA parts are interchangeable so I liked that I didn't have to buy an extra set! It was a little uncomfortable for a day or two after I turned the hospital grade in but that's also a $1400 pump so I expected it to be different. I am used to my PISA now and really like it! 

Is there a lactation consultant or breastfeeding support group in your area? I really recommend going in to get a pre and post feed weight. That way you know how much LO is transferring at the breast. Heck, sometimes pedi offices will let you come in and do a weighted feed. 

The best thing for your supply is to nurse.  And pumping is not a good indicator of what he is taking in - some women don't respond well to the pump. 

Good luck!! 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"