Babies on the Brain

Re: FFFC

• Options
    A family friend bought me a fertility bracelet and I have worn it every day thinking it might actually help.

TTC since 2010

lots of IUIs and 1 IVF all BFNs

FET currently on hold

photo guiness-1.jpg

• Options

I think I now know what families are feeling when they come to the funeral home and tell us they feel strangely guilty to be relieved that everything is over after they've cared for a loved one for a long time.

At no point did I get too excited about this pregnancy because I just instinctually didn't think it was going to last.  Although I'm devastated, I'm also just glad to have some finality to all of this and know for sure how it's going to end.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker LFWisBack Our Guardian Angels: 11.06 * 6.09 * 12.11
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I don't "get" Attachment Parenting. The Dr. Sears' 6 principles seem like common sense to me. I don't disagree with any of them and I can't imagine any decent parent disagreeing with them. But I'm not really into baby wearing and my baby has slept in his crib since 3 weeks old, so I guess I'm not down with the AP? ::sigh::

• Options
    imageSookieFrackhouse68:

XP from 12-24: Every day when I go to check the mail, I hope there's some big check from a relative in there to help us out. Never happens. But every single freaking day, I make the trek to my mailbox, just hoping.

Sigh.

I do the same thing...I mean we are doing ok but Eli's elecare cost is eating up our extra money. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageTheMrs923:

I think I now know what families are feeling when they come to the funeral home and tell us they feel strangely guilty to be relieved that everything is over after they've cared for a loved one for a long time.

At no point did I get too excited about this pregnancy because I just instinctually didn't think it was going to last.  Although I'm devastated, I'm also just glad to have some finality to all of this and know for sure how it's going to end.

I'm so sorry. :(

• Options
    The first Buy Buy Baby in MN opens today about 5 minutes from my house.  I am ridiculously excited.  There is no way the store could live up to my level of excitement.  I worked for Bed Bath and Beyond all through college and I'm excited to support the company instead of BRU.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

After all the lay offs and BS that's been going on here, they are having a luncheon today and want to do a secret santa. I don't care if I look like a grinch, I am not participating with a bunch of fake people.

I got AF today. Sometimes I secretly wish I didn't get it. Wink

I don't get why people say oh, let me know what you need help with? And then I say something...and they shut up. Then why do you ask.

MY FOUR ANGELS... M/C 12/26/02 AT 4 WEEKS M/C 12/31/07 AT 12 WEEKS, D & C M/C 12/5/08 AT 9 WEEKS, D & C ***BFP ON 3/26/09*** MARY REYNA BORN AND PASSED AWAY JULY 31ST, 2009 AT 23 WEEKS. GOODBYE SWEET BABY...I WILL MISS YOU FOREVER. ***AFTER 17 WEEKS ON BEDREST*** Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Heavenly Creatures is a totally underrated movie and proves that Melanie Lynskey is an incredible actress and is much much much better than Kate Winslet. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Options

imageDC2London:
    I don't hate that show "Whitney."  I know it is godawful, and the laugh track is painful, but I will admit that I watch it almost every week because I am already watching The Office...I just don't change the channel.  

We did that last night I lost the remote and no one wanted to get up to change the channel.

____________________________________________________________________________
                          My sweet Rylee girl 8-13-2007 and my sweet Emmett man 4-13-2010
                               Annaleigh Willow Elise born and passed at 26 weeks 1 day
                                      Thursday October 17th 2013 from trisomy 13
                                           Http://Alwaysannaleigh.WordPress.com

• Options

imageDC2London:
    I don't hate that show "Whitney."  I know it is godawful, and the laugh track is painful, but I will admit that I watch it almost every week because I am already watching The Office...I just don't change the channel.  

I keep seeing references to this show and I thought, at first, it was about Whitney Houston and would be some God-given Christmas Holiday Present from 6lb 7oz Baby Jesus and just as wonderful as the Whitney Houston/Bobby Brown show from back in the day. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Options

imageKristinmo:
    The first Buy Buy Baby in MN opens today about 5 minutes from my house.  I am ridiculously excited.  There is no way the store could live up to my level of excitement.  I worked for Bed Bath and Beyond all through college and I'm excited to support the company instead of BRU.

Where is it opening?

TTC since 2010

FET currently on hold

photo guiness-1.jpg

• Options

imageDC2London:

I really want to wash her boyfriend's hair in that show since he doesn't seem to do it himself.

TTC since 2010

FET currently on hold

photo guiness-1.jpg

• Options

imageDC2London:

I like this show....Tongue Tied

• Options
    imagebtaylor19:

imageKristinmo:

Where is it opening?

Woodbury Lakes

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageKristinmo:
    imagebtaylor19:

imageKristinmo:

Where is it opening?

Woodbury Lakes

Oh yay!   I have some friends with adorable babies in need of gifts.  I may have to head out there tonight

TTC since 2010

FET currently on hold

photo guiness-1.jpg

• Options
    imagebtaylor19:

imageDC2London:

I really want to wash her boyfriend's hair in that show since he doesn't seem to do it himself.

Yes Me too! But I'm not really into the whole grungy-guy-is-hot phenom.

I was in the same boat, wasn't really intending to watch it. I have to admit I laughed a couple of times. Even though it's awful, it wasn't awful. (I'm making a shiit ton of sense today. Geez.)

• Options

I am really ticked off that DH's cousin switched to formula feeding her baby.  Not because I think formula is evil, but because I made her a nursing cover and now my awesome gift that I worked hard on is just going to waste.  Also part of me wants to ask for it back, I love the fabric I used and I want to save it for when I have a baby.

• Options

imagenatkay02:
    I don't "get" Attachment Parenting. The Dr. Sears' 6 principles seem like common sense to me. I don't disagree with any of them and I can't imagine any decent parent disagreeing with them. But I'm not really into baby wearing and my baby has slept in his crib since 3 weeks old, so I guess I'm not down with the AP? ::sigh::

You don't have to babywear or co-sleep/bed-share to be "AP".

I guess I'm sort of "AP-Lite".

But if you don't disagree with the principles, then what exactly don't you "get"?

• Options
    IDK if this is flammable, but I *almost* hope that our RE tests give us an open-and-shut diagnosis like MFI or POF so that we can just have an answer and move on. I can't believe I'm wishing for something like MFI, LOL.
  • Options

imagenatkay02:

It is more of a theory than a practice. My baby has slept in her crib since 4 weeks old, and that doesn't mean I don't believe in AP theory. I do what works for me. AP is about responding to your baby's cues, and not basing what you do on a clock or a schedule or the notion of "spoiling." You'd be surprised by how many people disagree with the 6 principles and instead do what I just listed.

**EDITED TO ADD* Doing those things, such as clock and schedule are not wrong IMO. They just don't work for us. Didn't want it to sound like i was judging those who are not AP because I don't.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageMrs_Liberto:
    IDK if this is flammable, but I *almost* hope that our RE tests give us an open-and-shut diagnosis like MFI or POF so that we can just have an answer and move on. I can't believe I'm wishing for something like MFI, LOL.

I don't think that's flammable...I totally get the notion that you want a definite answer.  Seems reasonable to me.

• Options
    imagesevans1975:

imagenatkay02:

But if you don't disagree with the principles, then what exactly don't you "get"?

I guess I don't get how those common sense principles form a way/style of parenting. Wouldn't everyone be an AP who wants a loving and nurturing environment for their baby?

I also don't know why I used ""'s on the word get. Quotation mark fail.

• Options
    I'm considering cutting my maternity leave for #2 short because I'm worried about the effect it will have on my career. I am a bad mom.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

My mom and step dad are in the process of moving. They have a designer helping them and my mom is really excited. When I see pictures, I almost cringe because it's so not my taste and I wish I was the to help them. I know the designer is good and I by no means really know how to design a House, but it's so not my taste. It's not ugly or bad, just not my taste. My mom asks me if I like it, and I can not lie for the life of me. I tell her it's nice and tropical looking and skirt around the subject but I finally gave up and told her its just not my style. I also told her it doesn't make it bad looking, but I  know she is so flipping sensitive that if I don't like it, it hurts her feelings. Ugh. 

Edited to add, I know this isn't flameful, I just had to get it out, and it's flammful in my family lol.  

Diagnosed with Chronic Lyme Disease 2009, Finished treatment August 12. BFP 11/12. BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageTheMrs923:

::hug::

I'm so sorry love. 

• Options
    imageCinemaGoddess:

imageDC2London:

I keep seeing references to this show and I thought, at first, it was about Whitney Houston and would be some God-given Christmas Holiday Present from 6lb 7oz Baby Jesus and just as wonderful as the Whitney Houston/Bobby Brown show from back in the day. 

"Bobbaaaaay!"

• Options
    imagejlee1106:
    imageCinemaGoddess:

imageDC2London:

"Bobbaaaaay!"

Oh heeeeeeell to the NAW.  <---- still in my daily vocabulary

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• Options
    imageDC2London:
    imageCinemaGoddess:

imageDC2London:

"Bob-AYY!" 

Great minds, DC. LOL

• Options
    imageCinemaGoddess:
    imagejlee1106:
    imageCinemaGoddess:

imageDC2London:

"Bobbaaaaay!"

Oh heeeeeeell to the NAW.  <---- still in my daily vocabulary

A friday present!

• Options

I want to go on vacation now!  I am over everything else right now and have not had a vacation in over a year.  Yes, I know that sounds like whining.  I'm ready to go. 

We want to move to the USVI.  We are on the same page and plan to sell out in a few years and go.  I don't know if I would actually be able to leave my parents or not.  Who know's where life will lead in a few years but the thought of not being able to drive an hour to see my Mom and Dad terrifies me. 

Also, I am not really as excited about Christmas as I should be.  My family is a hot mess and the holidays always exacerbate the drama.

• Options

I  have to cover another school at noon.  I lied saying I didn't have my car, because I didn't want to lose my spot.  I was hoping that someone else would cover, but instead they are sending a bus to pick me up.

Also, this pisses me off because I wnated a personal day which got denied.  The person who denied me called out sick today.

WTF?

So, next week I was going to request a personal day, but I think instead I will take off 1 if not 2 days.

F this!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageKristinmo:
    I LOVE BBBaby. They're great there, the return policy is amazing, and they carry a much better selection then BRU. I loath BrU.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageBecky19:
    I'm considering cutting my maternity leave for #2 short because I'm worried about the effect it will have on my career. I am a bad mom.

You're not a bad mom.  Had I carried this pregnancy to term, I was only going to be able to be on leave for 6 weeks due to the time of year and events we have scheduled at that time.  Sometimes doing what's best for your career is also what's best for your family.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker LFWisBack Our Guardian Angels: 11.06 * 6.09 * 12.11
  • Options
    imageTheMrs923:

I'm so sorry for your loss.

• Options
    imagenatkay02:
    imagesevans1975:

imagenatkay02:

I guess I don't get how those common sense principles form a way/style of parenting. Wouldn't everyone be an AP who wants a loving and nurturing environment for their baby?

I also don't know why I used ""'s on the word get. Quotation mark fail.

On the flip side I am breastfeeding and babywearing my cloth diapered baby that I occasionally (more like daily) nap with and I do not consider my parenting style "attachment".
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageTheMrs923:

imageBecky19:

You're not a bad mom.  Had I carried this pregnancy to term, I was only going to be able to be on leave for 6 weeks due to the time of year and events we have scheduled at that time.  Sometimes doing what's best for your career is also what's best for your family.

Thank you and I'm so sorry for your loss.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I belong to a FB group from one of my old jobs. The nurses are likely going to strike, just determining when. 

My FFFC: The person who has organized the group, and is a leader for the cause, posts constantly. However, she doesn't use punctuation, capitalization, or maintain even a loose grasp of grammar and correct word usage. They're trying to disseminate information, but the effect of their communication is non-existent because they can't fvcking type or write effectively. I really want to post in the group and ask them to stop usng txt spk 'cuz i cnt ndrstnd uh muthafuckin thing thath thyr sayin.

Professional group? My asss.  

• Options

imageCinemaGoddess:
    Heavenly Creatures is a totally underrated movie and proves that Melanie Lynskey is an incredible actress and is much much much better than Kate Winslet. 

<3

• Options

imageludicrous:
    On the flip side I am breastfeeding and babywearing my cloth diapered baby that I occasionally (more like daily) nap with and I do not consider my parenting style "attachment".

All of this. We don't own a stroller or even the type of infant seat with a base (got the 5-60lb variety that stays in the car) so we are always holding her. And we were co-sleeping (baby in room) until she got a cold and really started struggling with reflux so now we bedshare 80% of the night. We all get much better sleep.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"