Preemies
Options

Still not gaining

My daughter still is not gaining weight properly according to the dr.  She had an appt last week and he wanted to recheck her in two weeks.  But now she has colic so we went back today.  She hasn't gained an oz in the last week; I have a feeling next week will be no different.  I'm getting more worried about her.  I really don't get it because with her new reflux meds she isn't spitting up/out as badly and she has good wet/poopy diapers.  Any advice for preemies who won't gain?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Still not gaining

• Options
    Maybe a little more info would help... how are you feeding here? Bottle, breast, formula? How much and how often? Sounds stressful... what did the pedi say to do?
    BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
    BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.
  • Options

imagehaziedaze:
    Maybe a little more info would help... how are you feeding here? Bottle, breast, formula? How much and how often? Sounds stressful... what did the pedi say to do?

This!

Elliott had "colic" and we about gave up, reflux  meds didn't help, finally switched to dairy-free and his "colic" went away.  I'd definitely give up dairy and/or switch to Nutramigen.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options

One of my guys gained 2 pounds in 4 months.  It's so discouraging, but then I remember how small he was when he was born. 

How are you feeding her - bottle or breast?

If you're using formula, how many calories are you mixing it to?  If you're using BM, are you fortifying to add calories?

On average, how many oz does she eat a day?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    To help LO gain weight we were put on the Similac Neosure..but instead of 1 scoop per 2 oz he is on 3 scoops per 5.5 oz to make it 24 calories. We feed almost 3 oz every 3 hours.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"