Pregnant after a Loss

Falling Asleep Limbs

The past couple day anytime I sit down, my legs go numb and tingly and I get shooting pains in my butt and leg. When I lay down my left arm does the same thing as well as both legs.  What the heck!! 

How do I make this better and does anyone else have this? TIA 

Re: Falling Asleep Limbs

• It can be a typical symptom.  When I lay on my side, whichever arm is on the bottom falls asleep right away.  Sometimes I wake up or go to turn off my alarm and literally can't move it for a minute,
    Anniversary Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

~Started TTC 2/09. BFP #1 11/09. EDD 8/7/10. DS born 8/7/10.~
    ~Surprise BFP #2 5/11 while still BF'ing. Natural M/C @ 7w3d.~
    ~BFP #3 8/11. EDD 4/24/12. Heavy bleeding episodes from a lost twin. DD born 4/14/12.~
    ~Started TTC 2/13. BFP #4 3/13. EDD 11/8/13. Hoping for smooth sailing!~
  • I've noticed this a few times as well...it happened to me the last time I went out to eat and was sitting for a while.  I also get it when I lay on one side for too long.  I don't really know what the deal is...maybe just the increased blood volume or something?  I just have to massage my hips and legs and walk a little when it happens.  I looked ridiculous hopping around in the restaurant stomping my leg trying to get it to wake up! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • It could be your sciatic or a pinched nerve.  A chiropractor can help adjust the area and after a few visits, you should see improvement.
  • This happens to me, too. Sometimes I will just be laying flat on my back in bed, and both my feet will start tingling. I just twist around, or wiggle my legs, and they come back. But at night, I definitely wake up to a left or right arm numb (depending on which side I'm on), and I quickly switch. 

Seems like it's typical. :) 

BFP #1 4/23/11, EDD 1/4/12::No heartbeat @ 9 wks::D&C 6/1/11 
    Child #1  June 2012
    Child #2  Feb 2014
    Child #3  Feb 16
    BFP 3/9/17
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Funny you should mention this...last weekend DH and I drove to KY to visit my family. I had a short catnap in the car on the way and woke up with tingly arms. So strange what these babies do to our bodies!
    First came love, then came marriage - Oct 31, 09
    Then came a miscarriage March '11
    Then came a baby in the baby carriage May 16, 12

Waiting on our second little peanut!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    VOTE on my Name List
  • Thanks! Yeah it is amazing the changes that a baby can make even when it is so small!!! The strangest part is that its the arm that I am NOT sleeping on that falls asleep haha. Makes no sense!
  • imagexoladiebug:
    It could be your sciatic or a pinched nerve.  A chiropractor can help adjust the area and after a few visits, you should see improvement.

This for the shooting pain in your butt and down your legs.  

As far as the limbs falling asleep, I don't think there is much you can do about it.  I've actually had times where I will be laying on my left side and my right arm (the one I'm not laying on) falls asleep!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagexoladiebug:
    It could be your sciatic or a pinched nerve.  A chiropractor can help adjust the area and after a few visits, you should see improvement.

This. Hope it gets better.  

Ashley Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"