January 2012 Moms
Options

post baby sex

dh and i have a satisfactory sex life with the normal highs and lows through the years. when i look back on our 7 years together the clear ultimate lowest point in our sex lives was immediately following thebirth of dd and pretty much lasted until i stopped eping  9 to 10 months later and then things got progressively better. that is a really really long time to be having a generally unsatisfying sex life.  for various reasons the past 18 months or so have been probably the best sex of our marriage only closely rivaling our newlywed time together. even though sex has been up and down bc oft the pregnancy things have still been generally good and i am really bummed because i know this is going to be changing really soon.

when the sex is good i can see a huge corolation with the rest of our relationship so thats the part that bums me out the most..i guess im just sad knowing that things are going to change between dh and i very shortly.  and it will take a long time for them to get back into the good spot that weve gotten it right now.  anyone else been through this with your last kid and know what im talking aboutm or any suggestionsm

sorry i am bumping from my phone so i dont have any punctuation except periods... 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: post baby sex

• Options

I completely agree with you (especially this: when the sex is good i can see a huge corolation with the rest of our relationship) and I sort of just complained about this on my local's whine wednesday thread last night.  I know that a lot of my annoyance with dh right now is because we are not having sex.  DH does not like pregnant sex, so our bad time is even longer.  I'm frustrated right now, and he is going to be frustrated after ds is born.  With dd, I had a long time until I could have sex again - with the stitches and ebf, it didn't even become possible (we tried starting after my 8 week appt) until almost 6 months pp when I went back to the dr about it and he gave me a hormone cream.  And even then, it was at least possible, but didn't feel good until more like 9 months-1 year pp when the nursing sessions decreased.  And once weaned, it was awesome, best of our whole marriage until a few months back when dh stopped wanting to have sex.  So I am basically resigned to knowing that next fall or so things should be better.  But it sucks in the mean time!

• Options
    i don't even want to THINK about this! it makes me depressed!
    we've had a couple conversations about being patient and expressing feelings & notifying me if things get too built up. I want to be there for him & he knows that- i def wear my sexual frustration on my sleeve for him
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I can relate to the part about the sex being good = the relationship is better part.  Honestly, after LO #1 we couldn't even wait the 6 weeks.  We got back in the swing of things fairly quickly, but I did have a smooth recovery and no problems during BFing/Pumping.  Good luck!
    DSC_2211

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I have to agree with the nursing (or pumping) thing making sex less than optimal (at least until my first post-partum period came back.. but that was 15 mo later!). That was something that I didn't expect (we still had an active sex life, but it was hard to make it great on my end). I am still nursing DS1 and will nurse DS2 until he self-weans, so I'm dreading the decline in sex drive associated with nursing/lack of a period.. I'm just living it up now, because it's better than it's ever been :) and I know it will get good again eventually. I figure I have the rest of my life to have great sex (once we're done having kids), so a few short years of not-so-great sex is ok. Like every other part of a relationship it takes time and work!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ok...I have a newbie question.  What does breastfeeding or pumping have to do with your sex life?  I have never heard of a correlation.

Layla 01.08.12

Chloe and Vivian 07.23.13

My Gang.  Halloween 2013

• Options

imageSascha3:
    Ok...I have a newbie question.  What does breastfeeding or pumping have to do with your sex life?  I have never heard of a correlation.

there's several things that could be related:

• squirting, leaking during the act
    • the fact that boobs are off-limits (if you make that decision)/(even though I wasn't leaking/squirting I was so sore with my nipples and for using them so often for pumping they did not get ANY pleasure whatsoever during intimacy)
    • hormones from BFing can dry you up downstairs
    • hormones can also deplete your drive (mine was TOTALLY gone)

Those are the major ones I can think of off the top of my head.

• Options

Oh no:( 

I am not a fan of having my nipples touched ever, so they are more for his pleasure than mine.  I just hope I can tolerate it for breastfeeding!

I keep telling him he should have sex with me more often since it will be at least 6 weeks after and who knows when it will be back to normal.  I hope my sex drive doesn't go away.  I don't have a huge sex drive, but I really can't wait for things to go back to normal for us which is 3-4 times a week.  I would even be happy with twice a week.

Layla 01.08.12

Chloe and Vivian 07.23.13

My Gang.  Halloween 2013

• Options
    imageSascha3:

Oh no:( 

I am not a fan of having my nipples touched ever, so they are more for his pleasure than mine.  I just hope I can tolerate it for breastfeeding!

I keep telling him he should have sex with me more often since it will be at least 6 weeks after and who knows when it will be back to normal.  I hope my sex drive doesn't go away.  I don't have a huge sex drive, but I really can't wait for things to go back to normal for us which is 3-4 times a week.  I would even be happy with twice a week.

it's honestly whatever priority you make it!  You can totally make it work!  If you want to have it 3-4 times a week then you can!  Sex generally tends to be a pretty low priority for me so I have to work at it.  And when I work at it I am happier than usual.  So that's where my problem comes in!  But if it's something that you really want you can do it!  I sound like that guy from the Waterboy...ugh.  Just hand me some pompoms.

Boob stuff isn't for me either when it comes to intimacy but making DH so unhappy by making him hands off always made me feel kinda bad even though he understood :)

• Options

FTM here too...Dang I didn't even think about my sex drive being depleted by nursing. I usually have the libido of a 16 year old boy but lately I just forget about it and DH is so used to me jumping him constantly that he thinks I don't want sex at all and hes such a sweet heart he doesn't even ask (although if he would remind me I would be so ready to go lol!)

I was just expecting my sex drive to jump right back to normal. Thanks for the reality check...(jerks) =-P

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"