January 2012 Moms

do you ever wonder, what the heck was i thinking?

Last night I lost my mind i think... i was having a great girls night with my best friend and then my boyfriend came home. (midnight-after work) and he went to get something to eat...for the 3rd night in a row he has eaten left overs from when we were at his parents house...he NEVER eats left overs. So after my best friend left I got all upset (silly i know) and was going off about how he doesn't eat my left overs...then it turned into me being scared of not being a good mom (how that came out of leftovers, is beyond me) then I was upset because he wasn't being comforting enough, all i got out of him was you'll be a great mom. (at this point we are laying in bed and im sobbing while he's trying to sleep.) He worked a 14 hour day....Last night I was sure that my reasons for being upset made sense and that he was being insensitive...Now I feel like an idiot! haha, now i'll text him and say im sorry for being an emotional crazy pregnant lady and he'll say everything is fine. Men can just brush things off, but not me...im a hot mess. 

Im ready to have this baby already, Im sick of being emotional.... 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: do you ever wonder, what the heck was i thinking?

• not to mention by the time i got to the part about being a good mom it was about 1:30 in the morning....geez la weez
  • haha, i've had that moment I had to text DH from the other room and say sorry while I was trying to calm myself down. If I were to tell him face to face I would have continued to lose it. when I came out of the room an almost 2 hours later he shrugged said it was okay and gave me a hug, which made me cry all over again because he was so sweet about it and I felt so undeserving of him at the moment. Roller coaster emotions I tell you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Yesterday morning, when the alarm went off at 5am, DH woke up to find me on the couch, where I'd been surfing the net for hours researching ways to turn a breech baby. 

I was breech, my mom was breech and her mom was breech.  All of us were delivered vaginally.  But these days, in Massachusetts, breech presentation pretty much means an automatic c-section.  I really don't want an unnecessary surgery (If 3 generations in my family could deliver healthy breech babies vaginally, I don't see why I should be any different).  So one of my biggest fears all throughout this pregnancy has been having a breech baby. 

I thought I was in the clear.  Baby has been head down for two months.  But last week he started moving around and wound up transverse.  So of course I start panicking.  

By the time DH got up for work I had worked myself into quite the state.  He got a shoulder full of sobbing, pregnant wife before he could get into the shower.  

This whole process is such an emotional roller coaster.  And I'm afraid that I'm not going to be any less emotional after the baby is born.  What a mess.

image"">image"">imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I think it's bound to happen during pregnancy! Some of it is just crazy hormones and others are valid concerns that we inflate because of crazy hormones. 

It's a good thing men tend to let things roll off their backs. It's good for us to have that in our lives! 

DD 1.18.2012
  • I love reading these.  I don't feel so bad!  I SAH right now while DH works, and I make dinner everynight for him.  Two nights ago he wasn't hungry, and I took it VERY personally.

Somehow my pregnant brain related the fact that he didn't't want to eat with "you don't love me anymore".

That was fun.  I was crying so hard I couldn't stop, and that is so not me! I remember thinking why am I making this such a big deal, he probably just had a late lunch, but all that would come out of my mouth was more crying and blubbering. 

Luckily DH  is very patient with me, and he calmed me down, then afterwards we laughed about it.  But I definitly understand now why pg women say they can't control it!

• I am grateful that DH can brush it off when I'm an emotional wreck. I'm sure he thinks I'm crazy but as long as I'm not totally loose with the things I say he can totally ignore it and pretend it didn't happen.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"