January 2012 Moms

Trying not to get anxious

I went in today for an appt. I am 33w4d. My bp was awesome, which made me really happy but my measurement was at 33weeks and that made me a little concerned. That might sound silly but for the last number of appts, I have been measuring ahead....

28 - measured at 30

30 - measured at 32

32 - measured at 33

almost 34 - measured at 33.

I know this isn't fullproof but my dr told me to get an u/s just in case to check. I know the baby can be in a different position and cause a change etc but I'd rather have some peace of mind and not have to worry about it being low fluid or the baby not growing. She moves a lot and her HR was in the 140s.

I went to schedule the u/s. My next appt is on 12/19 and the dr told me to try to get in around that time. They couldn't get me in until the 23rd and it just makes me anxious. I am 95% sure everything is fine but there is that 5% that won't sleep well until I know for sure that this is nothing.

Anyone else deal with this? I plan to call tomorrow and see if there is any way I can get in sooner...maybe they can keep my name down in case of a cancellation. First I was nervous that I was measuring ahead and now I have the opposite problem. Baby is head down but sort of at an angle so she isn't really engaged or anything like that so I would think that would make my belly bigger, not smaller.

Robin - CO Mod * RP & JHutch Lover * Hufflepuff
<><
Tizzle 10/07 ~ Boppy 7/09 ~ Chicken 1/12
imageimageimage
imageimage
Books read in 2013: ~ Audiobooks listened to in 2013: 3
Currently reading: The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon
Currently listening to: The Dark Divine by Bree Despain
my currently-reading shelf:
Robin (jason&robin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf) image

Re: Trying not to get anxious

• Hey lady, obviously lurking (: I have been all over the place with fundal measurements as well and it hasn't meant anything other than she has changed positions and dropped a bit. All of my ultrasounds (and I have had a ton) have shown het measuring within a week of my due date. I think fundal height is super unreliable
  • Thanks, friend!
    Robin - CO Mod * RP & JHutch Lover * Hufflepuff
    <><
    Tizzle 10/07 ~ Boppy 7/09 ~ Chicken 1/12
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Books read in 2013: ~ Audiobooks listened to in 2013: 3
    Currently reading: The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon
    Currently listening to: The Dark Divine by Bree Despain
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Robin (jason&robin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf) image
  • Loading the player...
  • I was measuring 2-4w ahead until 32w.  My OB wasn't concerned, but I did end up with a growth u/s due to possible pre-e and LO is measuring right on track.  I know it's hard not to worry, but I'm sure everything is fine.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • Try not to worry! My OB will only measure fundal heights in first pregnancies as he says there is a lot information that they are even more unreliable in second and subsequent pregnancies, so maybe that's what going on with you? I hope your u/s gives you some reassurance that everything is okay!
    After TTC with IR PCOS:
    April 2011: Metformin 1500mg + Clomid 100mg + Ovidrel + Prometrium = BFP!
    Beta #1 at 14DPO: 197 Beta #2 at 18DPO: 1296
    At 40w6d, our Team Green surprise came by unplanned C-section and changed our lives forever!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I was measuring right on track at the last 3 appointments (34 at 34 weeks for example) and today at 36 weeks I was still measuring at 34. My doctor wasn't concerned at all and I don't have an u/s scheduled.
    I hope you're able to not worry!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Try not to worry! They haven't measured my fundal height every appt, but my OB said it's super unreliable. You may have just seemed farther along early on and now your baby is catching up to what your body did!
    DD 1.18.2012
  • My fundal height has always measured one week ahead and my MW told me within 2 weeks either ahead or behind in the is still considered normal and no cause for alarm unless you have other complications, like pre-e or GD. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"