January 2012 Moms
Options

Had a huge scare last night! NBR

I went to take my Procardia and dropped one under the bed.  Of course it was in the middle and I got down on the floor but couldn't reach.  I turned to call my husband to help and look back in time to see my little chihuahua running away with it in her mouth!  By the time I ran around to the other side of the bed, she was licking her lips.  I opened her mouth and saw nothing.

H was on the computer immediately and we saw posts about needing to induce vomiting within 20 minutes and emergency vet and the dog being on an IV for fluids and overnight observation.  Procardia lowers your blood pressure significantly and she is only 7 lbs. 

Next thing I know he has his finger down her poor little throat!!  She is gagging and he's telling me to call our vet immediately so we can take her in.  In a panic I go to find my phone which is in our room, then I decide to look under the bed to make sure she didn't spit it out when I yelled at her, and there is the stupid pill under the bed still.

So we saved a $1000 vet bill, and my doggie is fine:)  The poor thing was so confused last night!  She got screamed at, finger down her throat, then we cuddled her and babied her all night because we felt so bad.  She's not quite sure what she did, but I think she would like to do it again for all the extra attention:) 

Layla 01.08.12

Chloe and Vivian 07.23.13

My Gang.  Halloween 2013

Re: Had a huge scare last night! NBR

• Options
    OMG! That must have given you a total heart attack!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birthday
  • Options
    I thought I was going to go in labor!  I felt so guilty.

Layla 01.08.12

My Gang.  Halloween 2013

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    That is so scary! I'm glad to hear she didn't eat your pill.  I have mini dachshunds and I always get scared when I think they've eaten something they shouldn't. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • Options

I have not had that happen with any medicine but I have the vet clinic's phone number memorized and have the vet's cell phone number so I can call her to get our dogs when I go into labor.

I am glad your little lady is ok!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Oyy poor puppy! Im glad she'd didn't swallow it though. My dog would have, he eats everything! We have absolutely no problem giving him any pills. Everything is a treat to him lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm glad your puppy's okay!  How scary!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

oooh shame on puppy for giving you such a scare!! Glad she didn't actually eat it! Good thinking on your part to check once more!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker image Visit The Nest!
  • Options

What a scare!

FY:I Our dig ate rat poison at my friend's farmhouse one time and we just gave her a teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide and she puked like crazy.  Cheap trick wand works great! She was fine within 10 minutes. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageAnnieTater:

What a scare!

FY:I Our dig ate rat poison at my friend's farmhouse one time and we just gave her a teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide and she puked like crazy.  Cheap trick wand works great! She was fine within 10 minutes. 

Wow that is terrifying!!!  And great tip to know...thank you!

And thank you to everyone else:)  I don't think I would handle the guilt very well if anything happened to my doggie because my clutzy prego self can't stop droppping things everywhere. 

Layla 01.08.12

My Gang.  Halloween 2013

• Options
    imageSascha3:
    imageAnnieTater:

What a scare!

Wow that is terrifying!!!  And great tip to know...thank you!

And thank you to everyone else:)  I don't think I would handle the guilt very well if anything happened to my doggie because my clutzy prego self can't stop droppping things everywhere. 

I second the above and did the same with my dog when he ate a huge bar of Godiva dark chocolate (bugger!). I looked the dosage up and for his 13lbs it was 10ml, so check before you give her any but its a great trick. Salt apparently also works the same way.

So scary! I always worry about someone dropping a pill and him getting into it!  

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yes that would scare the heck out of me!!  So glad your pooch didn't eat it.  My dog ate a peach stone this summer, and as soon as she got it in her mouth, I yelled at her, pryed her mouth open and she swallowed it.  I was worried sick so I googled it, and found it could cause blockages, and contains cyanide (freaked me out more, stupid Google).  I followed her outside every time the next day, and inspected every poop she had till I found it :O)  Now that's love haha!  
    DSC_0637DSC_0742 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I would have died! But thank goodness everything is ok!
    DD 1.18.2012
  • Options
    How scary - so glad she didn't swallow it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"