New to The Bump
Options

excited scared and oh so unprepared!

Hello fellow newbies,

I just found out we are five weeks pregnant. We were not trying to have a baby. We were not even really planning to have kids. We are getting married next week. I'm an old mom too (32). I think my MIL will be upset :(. This is so overwhelming!!!!!!

Re: excited scared and oh so unprepared!

• Options
    imagemisiaca05:

Hello fellow newbies,

I just found out we are five weeks pregnant. We were not trying to have a baby. We were not even really planning to have kids. We are getting married next week. I'm an old mom too (32). I think my MIL will be upset :(. This is so overwhelming!!!!!!

Wow, that is incredibly rude to say out loud. I feel the need to go pick out a coffin and get my affairs in order now.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome!  I have to say I am jealous pregnancy snuck up on you, I've been chasing it and it keeps running away.  You are not old, becuase if 32 is old I am old too!  Don't worry about anyone else right now.  Focus on how you feel and try to enjoy your wonderful gift.  Best wishes.

BFP#1 10 wk missed mc      

BFP#2 DS born at 40+2 on 8/14/12  BFP#3 DD Born at 39+3 on 5/13/14

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Ditto Ambsies. Except I was 41 when we adopted DD.

GL and congrats

• Options
    Do you plan on telling everyone on your wedding day? If not what will your excuse be for having no alchol?

And by the way congrats!!!!!!
  • Options

Congrats! So awesome!

Were you two preventing pregnancy?

Don't worry about your MIL...Ultimately, it will be you and your DH's responsibility to care for your child anyway.

GL 

• Options

Congrats!! And there's TONS of excellent information out there on everything imaginable pregnancy-related topic to help prepare you for what's to come.

BTW, 32 ain't old...I'm 30, didn't get married til 5 months ago, and I MIGHT be able to get pregnant again (miscarried our first several weeks ago) before I turn 31 next month! 

I wouldn't worry too much about what your MIL thinks about it. Its not her body, not her marriage, and not her baby. You and your hubby do your thing, and just go on being excited about it, mama:)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks for the words of encouragement! I do feel very self concious about being "old". In a small town, I am often made aware of how "old" I am to be unmarried and w/o kids, as if there is something wrong with me or I am failure. I did not feel "old" until I moved out here! As far as my MIL... I thank everyone for the support. To me, keeping MIL happy and in good spirits is important to... for her, my DH and our baby too. Family is so important ... i think that it is really important to care (to a certain extent) what family thinks of you. THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT GUYS!!!! I feel like...AMEN! I am not an Elizabeth! (Virgin Mary's sister).  I didn't think  she was too old either.
  • Options
    yep the pill! correctly! so much for that! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"