November 2011 Moms

LO's Umbilical cord just hanging there...

Lo's umbilical cord is just hanging on by a thread. it looks so grossIck! and i feel like if i just flicked it it will come all the way off. it's pretty much all off it's just the corner holding on for dear life. i will just let it hang and wait for it to drop off. did your LO'shang like that?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: LO's Umbilical cord just hanging there...

• Mine's did. Totally gross. I was really tempting to pull or snip it, but I resisted. One or two tummy time's later it fell off.
    imageimage image Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Yep, lilly's did that too. It fell completely off a few days later.
  • Loading the player...
  • Ick, Ari's did that too. I hated looking at it. lol. Then about 2 days later i changed her and there goes the umbilical cord rolling away on the changing table... Freaked me out. lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker
  • About when did it come off?  My girl is 10 days old and it's getting pretty loose. Is that too early?
  • imagedollfinn19:
    About when did it come off?  My girl is 10 days old and it's getting pretty loose. Is that too early?

Not too early - there is a wide range of normal (about 4 days old to 3 weeks old).

Mom to E, 11/2011 - Severe egg & dairy allergies, soy intolerance *** Stepmom to G, 2001
  • Ellie's still looks firmly attached. I'm hoping it comes off soon because I just wanna smooch on that belly!
  • Sophie's fell off at 9 days and the doc said it was perfectly normal
  • Addy's fell off at 14 days old. It was firmly attached and then wasn't. DH was actually burping her and it fell off into her lap.

The nurse at the Pedi's office did tell me that no matter how badly you want to just flick it off, don't as it can bleed and scar funny. 

• LO's took almost 3 weeks to fall off....one day it was hanging on by a thread and DH snipped it.  We seemed to have issues with it oozing and just being gross...ruined a couple of her onesies.  Pedi had to put some silver nitrate on it after it fell off because it was still oozing and even still at one month it has some crust.  However it seems like it has healed just fine and is a perfect little belly button!  
  • DS1's fell off at 7 days... DS2 will be four weeks tomorrow and his is still firmly attached. The doc put some more meds on it to help dry it out today-- Hope it's gone soon. Ick.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"