Military Families
Options

Babies first dr visit?

So a little background, I switched to standard so I could see a midwife off base since we are at a "remote" location. She is part of a hospital med group and I know since I am standard I will most likely continue to see her until I can get back on prime. However for baby, I know he will automatically be on prime for the first 60 days, does he see my midwife for those first few appointments or do I take him to Peds on base for his first appointments. I didnt really want him to start seeing a dr that he wont be following up with after a couple weeks. 

So basically my question is who should baby be following up with post delivery? 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Babies first dr visit?

• Options

I had a home birth and my midwife saw baby up until 6 weeks old. I wasn't worried about continuity all that much. And even less so now - I'm switching her pediatrician since I don't like our first one.

That's not how you have to do it. It's just what I preferred since my MW came to my home for the PP appointments. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Find a pedi who is in the network. I also want to warn you ahead of time. The only claims PROCESSED within the first 60 days are covered 100% for LO. I was told that any visits within those 60 days are covered 100%, no matter when they are processed. That is not the case though, which I think is ridiculous. DD was seen on day 56, but it was processed until day 65, so I had to pay the entire bill as part of my deductible. It makes no sense to me, but that's Tricare.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was on TPR for my pregnancy and baby and I still are covered by TPR. I had her first appointment with a pediatrician two days after birth (I chose to leave the hospital early). I chose an in network physician before hand after doing some research. Not sure how it works with a MW but in the hospital they ask you who the pediatrician will be and one of the doctors from the group sees the baby before you leave the hospital. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Natural M/C 1.10 MMC 1.13 CP 12.13
    This is for all the caterpillars that never became butterflies. And for all the butterflies that never felt the wind in their wings. And for all the hearts that had hopes and dreams of a wondrous flight together.
  • Options

I have Standard and my daughter was automatically put on Standard not Prime. I know the website says Prime but when we went to the office to switch her to Standard they said she was put on Standard because that is what I had. So, you might want to check and make sure your baby is Prime.

Because she was Standard and we wanted to keep her on Standard we picked a pedi in the network and she has had all her appointments with that pedi.

• Options
    Shall923, the baby will be covered under Standard with Prime benefits for the first sixty days. If you want baby to be Prime, you have to enroll them. If you want to stick with Standard, you don't have to do anything. The Prime benefit will be dropped on day 61.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"