Two Under 2
Options

Potentially stupid question re: 2 with stroller in bathrooms

If you're out with both kids in a double stroller, how/where do you change diapers?  I was contemplating going to the mall yesterday just to get the heck out of the house, but then I had this question.  I'm pretty sure that my City Mini Double won't fit in the bathrooms well.  (I know they'll fit through the door, but then what?)  And I know the new kid will need a diaper change every hour or so. 

Thoughts?  Suggestions?  Advice?  Amusing anecdotes?  TIA!

Re: Potentially stupid question re: 2 with stroller in bathrooms

• Options
    In Europe we change anywhere someone is not eating. You could go back t your car, to a family restroom, change on the floor or change in the stroller. I change in the stroller all-the-time!
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    My city mini double fits in the handicap accessible stall just fine. I push the stroller in there and do my business as quick as I can manage. Changing tables are often in that stall anyways. Also, some malls and other facilities have designated family bathrooms so keep an eye out for them. And, like PP mentioned, I've changed diapers in the fully-reclined stroller or in the back of the car a ton. 
    imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageNanna:
    My city mini double fits in the handicap accessible stall just fine. I push the stroller in there and do my business as quick as I can manage. Changing tables are often in that stall anyways. Also, some malls and other facilities have designated family bathrooms so keep an eye out for them. And, like PP mentioned, I've changed diapers in the fully-reclined stroller or in the back of the car a ton. 

This except I have a city select. If it's not cold out I usually change my oldest in the car. he's almost 2.5 and super tall. He doesn't fit on most changing tables and his diapers always seem to leak when I do them standing up.

BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have a Graco DuoGlider, and it fits in most handicap stalls and all family restrooms. I'm finding lots of places actually moving the changing table out of the handicap stall, though, so I can just park the stroller next to it and do what I need to do. There's no room to change in our car except the trunk, so I use that as a last resort. 
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imageNanna:

All of this.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm usually not out with the kids (by myself) long enough for one of them to need a diaper change. I try to limit our outings to two hours and so far ::knock on wood:: nobody has needed a diaper change!

If I was in this situation I would do my diaper change at the car. To me, it's just easiest and I like having my personal space and without being in anybody's way. If the car was too far away or too much trouble I would take the stroller into the handicap bathroom and change them in the seat since it reclines all the way down. Really hoping I never have to do this, though...LOL.

I always make sure both have a fresh diaper before we walk out the door! 

• Options

Haven't had to deal with it yet, but I guess I will in a few weeks :-) 

My malls have family restrooms that are huge and would fit any stroller.  The changing tables are also not in the stalls so you can easily get in and out easily.  Keep your eyes peeled for those.  I'm also finding that some of the departments stores often have a little baby area where you can easily have you stroller and change two.  Look around and see what you can find!

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"