Illinois Babies

Do we start telling people or wait?

We just found out that I'm pregnant today and I'm only 5 weeks along. Both my hubby and I are super excited. Of course we want to tell everyone but I'm worried something will happen so naturally I want to wait until we tell everyone our good news until we're a bit further along. I thought Christmas would be the perfect time since our families will all be here and everyone from afar as well. Then we could tell our friends after that.

It's already so hard cause we see a bunch of our best friends on a regular basis and we're seeing some tonight and my hubby wants to start telling everyone. 

How long did you wait before you started telling people?

Re: Do we start telling people or wait?

• Congratulations!!!  :)  I told one close friend at around 5 weeks, only bc I couldn't hold it in any longer.  After that, we decided to tell my husband's family around week 7 or 8 because it was Easter and we were all going to be together.  We made a special trip around 10 weeks to tell my parents because they live in FL.  After our immediate family knew, we just started telling the rest of our close friends and family around 10 or 11 weeks. 

A lot of people waited until 12 weeks, but the only people we really told before 12 weeks were close friends and family, and we figured if anything happened, we would need the support and would probably tell them anyway.  

Have fun - telling people is the BEST!  :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks Rachel! :)

And congrats on your  baby - wow only 10 days left?? You must be so excited! :)

• Loading the player...
  • With my first LO, we didn't wait at all! :) I told everyone RIGHT when I found out- I wasn't even 4 weeks yet. With my second, we waited until 13 weeks but some people were a little mad that we knew but kept it a secret.

What a fun and perfect time of year to announce your pregnancy! Are you thinking of doing some sort of big reveal or surprise? Good luck and come back and let us know how you told everyone! :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm trying to think of a fun way to surprise everyone. The great thing is my parents are flying into Indianapolis to join us at my sister's for Christmas. My nieces are 7 and 9 and I know they'd love a little cousin as they've asked me before many times if and when I'm ever going to have kids, lol.

Then my brother in law is flying in from California to spend Christmas in Chicago at my inlaws so my husbands whole family will be together and so far no grand kids on their side. My DH is the first of their 3 boys to get married and he's the youngest too. I know they will all be super excited.

I'm just trying to find a unique and fun way to tell everyone :)

• We told a few close friends mostly because they would guess really easily when I'm not enjoying my normal glass of wine with dinner. I has been really nice to bother my girlfriends with talk instead of DH. As for our family we are totally waiting for Christmas, we want to tell everyone in person.  I am having a necklace made for my mom from a local artist that puts old pics/books onto pendants with lacquer. The artist  is going to find a definition of grandmother and put it in there, I think she will love it!  Good luck telling yours!!!
  • I found out right before Christmas and even though I was only 4-5 weeks I couldn't resist telling our family since were were all together in person (especially since DH's family lives out of state). 

I wrapped up Grandma/Grandpa bibs to give to our parents as Christmas gifts and told them that way. It was fun and super cute. :) 

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We told our families over Christmas last year, but surprising them with grandma/grandpa/aunt/uncle...etc gifts. I was still really early in my pregnancy, but I decided if something did happen I would want their support anyway. We waited to tell friends, our younger family (nieces and nephews) and work friends until later. It worked out really well for us. Congrats!!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Proud Mom to the ZooCrew - Jack 3 years old and Joey 21 months. 
    Excited and delighted to welcome the 3rd member of the ZooCrew in 2015! We can't wait to meet you Matthew Henry!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"