Babies: 6 - 9 Months

My 6 month is TOTALLY against her 3rd nap

I can't figure out what it is but the past three days she will not go down for her 3rd nap. I've tried putting her down earlier/later, feeding her again... and nothing works. I know she's nowhere near being able to give it up because she's EXHAUSTED but she fights it so bad.

anyone else dealing with this? what worked? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My 6 month is TOTALLY against her 3rd nap

• DD gave up her third nap right around 6 months. We loosely followed the 2-3-4 recommendation. She wakes up in the morning and stays awake for 2-2.5 hours, then takes her first nap, is awake for 3 hours, takes her second nap, and is awake for 4 hours before bed.
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • We've been without the 3rd nap for about a month. My DS held onto it until almost 9 months. Each kid is so different!  She is definitely exhausted by bedtime, but I give her a bath and solids each night to kind of prolong her. 

She wakes at 6:30/7, goes down about 8:30/9 and then again around 12:30/1.  Solids @ 5:30, bath @6, bottle 6:30 then bed.

How is she sleeping at night?? I found that once we dropped the 3rd nap, her night sleep (although really great already) improved even more.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • imageLisa Frank:

We've been without the 3rd nap for about a month. My DS held onto it until almost 9 months. Each kid is so different!  She is definitely exhausted by bedtime, but I give her a bath and solids each night to kind of prolong her. 

She wakes at 6:30/7, goes down about 8:30/9 and then again around 12:30/1.  Solids @ 5:30, bath @6, bottle 6:30 then bed.

How is she sleeping at night?? I found that once we dropped the 3rd nap, her night sleep (although really great already) improved even more.

I guess that's the thing... I remember Madison keeping her third nap for quite some time.

As far as sleeping at night... she's okay I guess. There is no real consistency. She can sleep through the night and has many times but lately she's been waking more. If she wakes up any time before 1 a.m. I typically don't feed her but once it's after 1 a.m. she usually needs to be fed. In an ideal world she sleeps from about 7 or 7:30 until 4:30 or 5, eats and then goes back down until about 7.  

• Also- I think she could drop the third nap IF her first two naps were longer but they are generally only about an hour each. I remember Madison always having a rough week or two when she was transitioning a schedule so perhaps she'll start napping longer during her earlier naps and we'll phase into a blissful two-nap schedule. Or at least here's to hoping. 
  • imagePennylane824:
    Also- I think she could drop the third nap IF her first two naps were longer but they are generally only about an hour each. I remember Madison always having a rough week or two when she was transitioning a schedule so perhaps she'll start napping longer during her earlier naps and we'll phase into a blissful two-nap schedule. Or at least here's to hoping. 

Yeah, I noticed her naps extended when we cut that one out. Once we did it consistently for a few days, the 2 naps both got longer. She'll do about 1.5 hours for each nap now.  Also, she's on a 4 hour routine with her bottles and I think that helps with the naps too.

• imagePennylane824:
    I think she could drop the third nap IF her first two naps were longer but they are generally only about an hour each.

C's two naps are rarely more than 45 mins each. But she sleeps 12-14 hours straight at night, so I can't complain.

imagePregnancy Ticker
  • We also cut my DS 3rd nap at 6 months and when I say we I mean he cut his 3rd nap he usually goes down about 10/11-12/1 depending on him and then at about 2/3 -4/5 also depending on him then down for the night at 7pm, however he still consistently wakes up at about 1/2 am for a diaper change and to eat so basically in my opinion his sleeping patterns have only changed a little from when he was a newborn
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"