Preemies

High BP had to go to OB now on meds..

When I got to the OB office I sat in the waiting room for about 20 minutes and then they called me and took my BP. It was 146/105. While I was waiting on the doctor I asked to sit in a dark room with a bag of ice because my head was killing me. It felt more like constant pressure then a headache. I actually ended up falling asleep. The doctor came in and took my BP again and it was 140/98 after I had been sleeping for about 15 minutes. We listen to baby and the HB was between 160 and 180 which was great. She commented on how calm I was about the whole thing and I told her that stressing out isn't going to solve anything and it will give bad reads on my BP. She told me that stress and pain can affect your top systolic number but not the bottom diastolic number, at least not that much. We talked for a while and I really like her so I switched to her for my regular OB doctor.

Long story short...she put me on meds and I have to do a 24hr urine collection. Which made me laugh my butt off because they have you pee in a jug..anyways..I started the meds last night and I woke up feeling so much better. I am not peeing as much ( although I pee a lot these days) due to the decrease in pressure on my kidneys. I woke up with absolutely no headache for the first time in two weeks and my hands and feet were not swollen either..

My concern is that I feel like this pregnancy is all messed up and I am SO fearful that this will end up with a long NICU stay and a earlier delivery. If anyone on her is/has had higher BP and a successful deliver ( past 34 weeks) please let me know I really need the positive vibes right now....

Born 27wks 3 day 2 lbs 10 oz 15 inches image My BFP chart BabyName Ticker

Re: High BP had to go to OB now on meds..

• I'm confused about how far along you are (9 weeks v. 34?) but you are being checked for pre-eclampsia, which is a serious condition. This really isn't the place to post for you, perhaps the high risk board would be more appropriate. You are basically saying that you don't want to end up in our shoes due to a "messed up" pregnancy. All of us have been through tremendously stressful experiences surrounding the health of our babies, hopefully it all works out for you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Photobucket
  • imageMommynTeacher:

I'm confused about how far along you are (9 weeks v. 34?) but you are being checked for pre-eclampsia, which is a serious condition. This really isn't the place to post for you, perhaps the high risk board would be more appropriate. You are basically saying that you don't want to end up in our shoes due to a "messed up" pregnancy. All of us have been through tremendously stressful experiences surrounding the health of our babies, hopefully it all works out for you.

Yeah I agree you should check out the high risk board.  From what I understand, 11 weeks is way too early for pre-e to occur since the placenta has just barely started taking over.  Hopefully you will get the answers you need and have a healthy pregnancy, but it's a bit premature (no pun intended) for you to be really concerned about having a preemie and the NICU.  Good luck to you.

• Loading the player...
  • my son was born at 27 weeks 3 days due to PTL. That is the reason I post to this board. I am "one of you". He spent 10 weeks in the nicu. I posted here because many of you ladies have gone on to sucessful 2nd and I am still trying. Some ladies have had pre e and are monitored for that during their subsuquent pregnancies. I was wondering if any one had high BP but did not develop pre e. sorry I am bumping from my phone and the screen size is kinda crappy along with the layout..
  • Also, I meant no disrespect it is just that I am not just "worried" that I may have a preemie. I start the P17 shot in about 5 weeks and I am currently 12 weeks and I am praying to get further along then I did last time (27 weeks 3 days). I didnt have high BP before..not that it matters. I am just a stats kind of person and all the postive stories of FT babies after a preemie gave me the strenght to try again. Now, here I am and I am terrified that this high BP will cause another preemie delivery and I dont knoww how I will handle it if it happens again...im sorry if I offened anyone that wasnt my goal. I just feel like you ladies understand my worries more then non preemie moms.
  • No offense taken!  It makes sense to me now that you are worried about another preemie since your first was a 27 weeker.  I have no personal experiences to share but it does sound like your Dr.'s are taking it seriously and keeping it monitored.  Lemen on here had a 35 weeker after a 26 weeker.
  • imageMrs. Alice:
    No offense taken!  It makes sense to me now that you are worried about another preemie since your first was a 27 weeker.  I have no personal experiences to share but it does sound like your Dr.'s are taking it seriously and keeping it monitored.  Lemen on here had a 35 weeker after a 26 weeker.

Thanks! I was so fearful that I had offended you.. I am glad I didn't :) and I am glad it now makes more sense as to why I am so concerned. I just feel like I am trying so hard and doing everything right and it is already going so wrong and I know how serious Pre E is..

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"