3rd Trimester

UTI at 31 weeks?? "abnormal cells in urine"

So just had my usual check-up and everything seems okay, except that I had some "abnormal cells" in my urine. Doc says it could be some sort of UTI - I have no symptoms. Anyways, I had a UTI at the beginning of my pregnancy, too, took an antibiotic to get rid of it.

Anyone else experience more than one UTI during their pregnancy, or this late on? Anything else besides UTI I should be prepared for??? 

Thanks !

Re: UTI at 31 weeks?? "abnormal cells in urine"

• I had a UTI with my DS#1. I didn't even know it. I went into the hospital for pressure and contractions and they told me about it there. Some antibiotics cleared it right up.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I had the same thing happen to me at my last appt.  This being my second UTI while pregnant.    Dr put me on antibiotics right away, and called me two days later when the lab work came in and said I didn't have a UTI, must have been some contamination no infection.  They do a quick pee test in the office and send it out to lab.  She told me to stop taking the meds and all was well.  I too had zero symptoms of a UTI.  Hope your on the mend soon.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I had this twice in the 2nd tri. They said it was a UTI even though I didn't have any symptoms either time. When they did further testing they found it to be caused by Strep B bacteria (same bacteria they test you for in 3rd tri to see if you need antibiotics when you deliver). Since they found that my doc says they will definitely give me the antibiotics when I deliver even though I haven't had my "official" strep B test yet.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had a girlfriend who suffered many UTI's throughout her pregnancy.  She also ended up with kidney stones about two weeks before giving birth

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks for input guys, makes me feel a little better that this should be manageable. : )
  • Update: Turns out it was nothing! Just some contamination. : ) Follow-up test came back normal.

Thanks again for input, thought I'd follow up : ) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"