Trying to Get Pregnant

Has anyone actually used an OPK as HPT?

I know what POAS.com says {https://www.peeonastick.com/opkhpt.html)

But I was curious to know if anyone here has actually tried it.

Re: Has anyone actually used an OPK as HPT?

• Think about it - would you even definitively believe it until you got a + hpt as well? No. So why eff with your head until then?
    July 20th, 2012: Never forget the day the fb douchebags tried so hard, but ultimately failed. Viva la October 2011! Yeah, I called you douchebags.

BFP 1/18/11, EDD 10/1/11. Born at 37w5d on 9/15/11. AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***BFP Chart***

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

• They do come back positive when you are KU but I would just use a HPT. I use OPKs now because I have a ton of cheapies left over and I like seeing the lines. The test line is like 3 times darker than the control line.

imageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes. I've had a positive OPK with a positive HPT....but I've also had a negative OPK with a positive HPT. I've also had a positive OPK at 13dpo but a negative HPT (and was not pregnant)

So stick with HPTs for pregnancy testing and OPKs for ovulation testing.  

can't get the ticker to work, but I have two sons:

Baby RJ, born 1/25/2014

Formerly Twilightmv
  • I didn't get a +opk until I was late for AF.
    Mrs. 5/03*DD 2/07*DS1 5/09*DS2 7/12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I decided to take an opk on 9dpo and it was a Sunday and it was positive. I ordered some IC from Amazon that came in on Wednesday. I had a digital at home but I wanted to save it. I finally tested (hpt) on Wednesday at 12 dpo and it was positive.

However weeks later for shiits and giggle I took another opk that was negative and my hpt was still positive. 

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • imagesourapplemartini:
    I didn't get a +opk until I was late for AF.

This. By that time, I'd already had several +HPTs.  But if you just want to pee on something... 

~Sweet Girl *8/18/08* c-section ~ Sweet Boy *12/2/10* VBAC ~ Sweet Boy *8/14/12* VBAC~ 

VBAC Birth Story    2VBAC Birth Story  

• I did it with DS2, probably like 5 days after my BFP and it was +.  I wouldn't use it alone though to determine pregnancy.  I just did it to see what would happen.
  • Use a real HPT. I used an OPK a week after I got my BFP just for funsies, but I wouldn't have used it as the actual test.
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• I once had a positive OPK at 10 dpo and then when I tested w/ HPT it was negative.  I tried the same thing again the next day and the OPK was negative. I was not pregnant.  I would just use HPTs for pregnancy and OPKs for ovulation so there's no confusion.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Falling in Love!  November 2014
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"