Preemies

OscarQ (re: Andrew)

Thanks for Asking. Andrew is doing well overall!

He had his 2-day evaluation for his developmental preschool. we get the report next week.  We believe he has PDD-NOS (mild autism), apraxia, and some mild sensory issues, but overall he does well.

I don't think the average person sees Andrew and really realizes that some things are off or that he's a preemie, they might think he's a little quirky ;) 

A year ago we started Pt, OT, and ST.  He's been in school for about 8 months.  A year ago he would not self feed, talk except for one word "car", jump, touch or eat anythign messy.  now he literally talks in sentences at a 3 year level.  he can jump, run, climb stairs.  he ate 2 waffles for breakfast.  He eats yogurt. he enjoys messy play.  he sits in a booster seat and eats with a spoon and fork, even cereal with milk.  

But I mean right now, he's playing with his weebles, he says "The weebles are playing hide and seek!", running around, having fun. He loves school, he's so happy and generally cooperative, he's a fun and silly kid.  

So he's soooo much better off, but as he is catching up so quickly, the areas that he is struggling are more obviosus - primarily the autism/social things!

Re: OscarQ (re: Andrew)

• That's wonderful that's he's made such amazing progress!  I didn't mean to pry, I just remember that picture you posted of the first time Andrew held Elliot and have been wondering how he's doing.
  • no prying, I just haven't posted an update much lately :-)

Thanks for asking!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"