VBAC

C/S is scheduled :(

I had my first internal today and am 1 cm and have a "thick" cervix. She says I am not favorable at this time for induction and schedules a c/s. I told her to wait until I am 41 weeks (the latest they will allow). 

I'm pretty disappointed and this is exactly why I didn't want any checks. Oh well I still have two weeks to still do vbac. Wish me luck please!  

PhotobucketBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: C/S is scheduled :(

• Aw, so sorry they don't go past 41 weeks!  Lots of labor dust to you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Two weeks is so much time! Don't get discouraged. You may not be favorable for induction right now....but you could be by then.   Or you could have already had your baby by then. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I am there with you, but I got a little extra time because of Thanksgiving and will go until 10 days past due until my RCS.  I am being told I'm unfavorable for a VBAC also (50% effaced, not dilated at all - although this is farther than I ever got on my own with #1) but I'm keeping up hope that things will change at any minute. 

Good luck to you, a lot can change in 2 weeks so don't give up hope!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Bounce, walk and go over bumpy roads... for like 15 hours a day!! Hope you progress in the next week or so!!!
  • I'm sorry you're feeling down.  I'm glad you have two weeks.  A lot can happen between now and then!
  • Drink Rasberry leaf tea! It is supposed to soften your cervix according to the naturalotherapist (i think that's how you spell it) I saw yesterday! I am going to start drinking it today! I have a little under two weeks till my EDD and was told the same disappointing news by my doctor at my appointment yesterday (except no dialation at all). Supposedly a quart of the tea a day for the last two weeks is recommended to help soften it,  so I hope it tastes good, lol!

• Lots of labor dust to you!!
  • Try not to get too discouraged. I too, have a c-section scheduled for December 7th, which is 6 days past my due date. While it feels like a doomsday sentence, I am trying to remain positive that my body will do me a huge favor and allow me to go into labor on my own.

If you aren't already, I highly recommend red raspberry leaf tea (I found mine at my local vitamin store); it helps to tone the uterus so when contractions start, they will be strong and controlled. Also Evening Primrose Oil capsules; you can take 3 by mouth or insert them vaginally every night before bed. They help to soften your cervix!

Aside from those things, you can always try the OWT's (sex, walking, bouncing on an exercise ball, bumpy roads, spicy food, castor oil as a last resort) and hopefully they'll do something for you! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (uREA)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • gawd, this is my fear.  but like others said, 2 weeks is a lot of time.  have you tried acupuncture?  i started seeing this woman and following her program for 'natural' labor induction this week ... maybe someone near you could do some similar tx???  https://www.yinovacenter.com/blog/archives/4538/

good luck 

• I was the same as you and it changed in 1 week then had a vbac. I think sex really helped and then my ob swept the membranes. gl! so much can change in 2 weeks!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Tickerv
  • I lost a little of my mucus plug today so things might be happening . . .. 
    PhotobucketBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yay!!!  Lots of labor dust to you!!!
    m/c - Dec 2005, DS - March 27, 2007, m/c - Oct 2009, DD - Feb 20, 2012

Proud mother of two breech babies:)

• No, don't stress yet!  I went in for a check on a Monday with my RCS scheduled for a Thursday.  I had almost nothing going on - barely 1 cm and maybe 50%, but I had been that way for a while.  I was super stressed and sad and went to bed that night feeling really blue.  I did a evening primrose oil insert that night and lo and behold, my water broke at midnight and DD2 was born by 11 am.  Don't know if it was the EPO or what, but everything worked out.  Lots of labor dust to you!
  • Good luck!  Make sure if you are drinking the tea you are making it medicinal strength.  You need to boil the water with the tea bag in it for 10 minutes before removing from the heat and drinking it.  If you don't boil it for long enough it does not activate the herbs.  Also, consider seeing an acupuncturist.  They have good luck starting labor.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • There's still hope!! My water broke with DS 3 days after my 38 week appt where I was 1 cm. WALK, WALK, WALK, go up & down stairs a lot, clean your house, go on a long bumpy car ride, bounce on the exercise ball, nipple stimulation... do all the "tricks". Maybe something will work?!?! GL!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Don't get discouraged. I had a c/s scheduled for 41 weeks, and went into labor 3 days after my 39 week appt. 

I would rather have one on the books with my doc then get stuck with who ever.

• Don't be discouraged or resigned to a cs. You still have so much time! As all the ladies have said, do all the tricks, tea, walking, sex and yoga. If you have a prenatal chiropractor near you, schedule a visit.

My chiro massaged pressure points in my ears to help induce labor when I was 39 weeks and Viola! I went into labor 2 days later. It can't hurt to try.

• Anything can happen! A few days before my due date, I was closed shut, 0% effaced.  They scheduled me c-sec for the next week.  2 days later, I went into labor on my own and had my VBAC the next evening...I didn't even need pitocin, which amazed me since I wasn't dilate or effaced at all just 2 days before.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"