TTC After a Loss 6 Months+

Introduction and Info Request (long)

Greetings all...I guess this is something of a long introduction and plea for information.  My husband and I took the approach of "not trying to avoid" getting pregnant, so I never really spent much time on the TTC boards and have never done any of the ovulation tests or anything like that. Now I wish I had been more educated first; it has been a hellish 7months.

I stopped taking the pill in May 2011 and miscarried in both July and November, both times at ~6wks.  I am 30yrs old, physically healthy but overweight, have calendar-regular periods, and have been told by an ultrasound tech that I have a perfectly normal-looking uterus (appt. office mishap in my favor). 

My DH and I have saved up the money to pay for a pregnancy because my insurance is so bad that it basically covers nothing.  I've been told by my doc (#2) and read that there are several tests to be run after a third miscarriage. Can anybody tell me specifically what these tests are and how much they cost OR point me to somewhere that can?  We're becoming afraid that the money will run out before we even get past the first trimester of a pregnancy.

Thank you!

Re: Introduction and Info Request (long)

• imagePetraStonegirl:

You are most likely to find those answers on the regular TTCAL board or perhaps the Trouble trying to Get Pregnant board. However, this particular board is very specifically for people who are still trying 6+ months after their loss, but have also been active participants of the TTCAL board during that time. You didn't do anything wrong, it just means you aren't likely to get many responses because people don't know you here. 

Ditto this.  I have had repeat loss bloodwork done, and my insurance covered it all, so I don't know the OOP cost.  Most of the tests were for blood clotting disorders.  Wishing you the best.

Mom to Eliott Alexander, born sleeping at 37 weeks on 8/13/10. Most of us only dream of angels - I held one in my arms.
    BFP #2 - EDD 2/26/12 M/C 6/28/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #3 - EDD 4/7/12 M/C 8/2/11 @ 4w2d
    Too beautiful for this earth
    BFP #4 - EDD 12/09/12, Lucille arrived 11/26/12
  • Thank you for the information...best wishes for everyone here.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"