Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

When do they star peddling?

When so kids start to understand the concept of peddling on a bike or trike?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: When do they star peddling?

• Options

I had the latest kid EVER. He was seriously 3.5 before he could peddle his trike with any consistency. He just wasn't a huge fan, never really enjoyed it, and always rather walk or run. Or just be pushed on it with the parent bar. We had to wait until he was ready to really try it out before he would put any effort in. His friend, however, had a real bike at 3 and was an expert on that. 

• Options

My daughters both got the concept around 2..  DS, however, still finds it far more expedient to ride it like a ride-on toy.    He has no interest in the pedals, but I'm certain it's because my girls are about usiing it correctly, while my boy is about getting there as quickly as possible.  Maybe get him a balance bike for Christmas?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    yea my DD was just two when she did it herself.  but we have friends who are almost 3 who can't do it yet.  i think it depends on the kid of course, but also on how much exposure/practice they've had.  my DD got a tricycle really young and always wanted to ride them at stores so she had a lot of practice.
  • Options
    DS never got it till we put him on a bike just after 3. He just used his feet with his trike.  DS2 tries to peddle now and he is just over 1.5. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    S was about 2, maybe a month or so after.
  • Options
    My daughter just turned two and she can peddle her trike. I really think this is an individual kid thing, though. My daughter is very coordinated and athletic. You should see some of the things she climbs on the playground. It's scary.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We got the trike for Sasha a few months before her 2nd birthday (in April?) and she didn't figure it out that first summer. The summer before her 3rd birthday, she got it. She still prefers to run/walk to get places, but she gets it.
  • Options
    DD is 3 and she still walks or runs on hers, I don't think its because she doesn't know how to peddle I think she just likes it better lol.
  • Options
    DD1 was riding her tricycle when she was 2 years and 3 months old.  This past summer she was riding a 2 wheel bike with training wheels.  She still likes to ride the tricycle though.  I think it's because she pushes forward when peddling. 

girls photo zvczv.jpg

• Options
    When their legs are logn enough?  poor DS gets the idea but he can't get anywhere he just goes back and forth his poor little legs are not long enough he knows what to do and has for a while it just doesn't work.  He just outgrew some 18 month clothes though so we are getting close to big enough
    Me DOR amh .64 ng/mL  
    DH Brain Cancer
    BFP #1 12/11/08 DS born 8/23/09
    BFP#2 10/13/11 DC 11/4/11
    BFP#3 12/6/13 Lost 12/29/13
    Told IVF is the only option and have not found a clinic that will take me.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"